new batch of bucket seat mounts

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by UweM3, Aug 15, 2007.

1. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

they look very good !! , but they dont accept a 445 mm seat like the evo2 sparco?
    Arjan

2. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

they go for sure to 440mm, but there is a little bit of room. You can still enlarge the slotholes by 2mm each side and that will also work.
    BUT it depends where your door bars are. I will trial fit a set tomorrow to my car and show you how far they will be apart.

3. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

my doorbars are welded to the A and B pillar , as far as it goes
    Arjan

4. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

UPDATE on postage:

Royal mail to UK mainland is £13.20 for ONE set of mounts (1 seat)
    £25.20 for TWO sets. And that is only what Royal mail charges, no wrapping so far.
    I am going to use this as long nobody has any objections or can point me to a cheaper courier. you are very welcome to collect if you are near me (postcode LU6)
    I am working on the US shipment cost, please be patient.

5. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

it depends how far IN your door bars are located taking width away to fit a seat. Have you got a seat fitted right now? Do you mind mailing me a picture? I can offer you to take the mounts back if they are not suitable for your application, but there will still be the postage back and forth which may make it not worthwhile.
    I am toying with the idea of just making one narrow mount for the driver side, but given the low quantity required, it will be costly. What are you fitting on the passenger side?

6. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

7. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

no seats fitted at the moment , but i can put 1 in and take some pictures , i have 1 sparco evo and 1 sparco evo2 , at the moment i have modified sparco seatbrackets but not 100% happy , the doorbars are as far away from the seat as it goes , i try to make some pictures soon ,
    Arjan
    ps , when you fit a 445 mm seat between the brackets , how widht are the brackets then on the bottem ? the widest dimension ? , i mean how far do they bend in if you understand what i mean?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  8. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I have tried a set of brackets yesterday and they accept 440 wide seats.
    They can accept wider seats, but the transtunnel is trying to "bend" the inner mount out of vertical (if that makes any sense). I am 95% sure you will be fine with 445mm and a little bit enlarging the slot holes for the bolt pattern. I am just cocncered that the seat will sit to far to the door bars. will post the pics soon

9. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

i understand you , but did you understand my ps ?? if they bend further in then the sparco brackets then they wil not fit
    Arjan

10. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

just a note to everybody. Mounts are ready for shipment. I have replied to PM's but please give me a "bump" if I have forgotten amnybody.
    I am awaiting shipping costs to the US.

Arjan, drawing will follow ASAP

11. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

oke , i am not in a hurry , at the moment i have a very big sunroof so i wont be driving it in the first 12 months hahaha
    Arjan

12. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Big sunroof heheh LOL :) ........ Any pictures Arjan ?

Thomas

13. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Uwe,

I will sort out and collect next time we meet up if acceptable.

Regards,

Dave

14. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

Uwe, Just got online for the first time since being home, and saw the pictures for the mounts finally! They look great, i can't wait to take my SPG's out of the living room (for GT4 at the moment) and put them in my car!

15. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

good to hear you are back home and well. brackets should arrive shortly

16. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Where did you see pictures ? I guess I missed that.

EDIT: never mind I found them .

Thomas

17. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

UPDATE:

1 set = 1 seat

DawieM3 = 1 set (reserved for pick up)
    Jake = 1 set (already collected)
    WMWNWMN = 2 set's (shipped)
    Lars.M3 = 2 set's (no longer required)
    215DMX = 2 set's (reserved for pick up)
    AndrewK = 2 set's (not replied yet)
    JimM3 = 2 set's (not replied yet)
    empty = 2 set's (shipped)
    Revmaster T = 2 set's (shipped)
    Sunny = 2 set's (reserved for pickup)

18. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

19. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

just to sum this up, has everybody now received the required seat mounts?

I have 2-3 set's left....