new batch of bucket seat mounts

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by UweM3, Aug 15, 2007.

1. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I am having another batch of bucket seat mounts made.
    Please let me know if you would like some to get a decent QTY to the laser cutter to reduce the price as mmuch as possible.
    I expect these to be less than £50 for one set and have found another supplier who can powder coat them as well (have asked for a price for that)

Price can be less if I can ordered in larger quantity

I have added a few more holes for more seat positions and will post an image shortly.

http://board.s14power.com/showthread.php?t=2594&highlight=seat+brackets

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2007
  2. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Hello Uwe,

I`m in for a set.

Regards,

Dave

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hi Uwe,

Please count me in!

Cheers,
    Jake

4. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

will they attach straight to the floor, or to slidders?

5. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

yes no sliders, straight on the E30 bolt pattern. Please search for the initial posting on this forum

Off for a week HOLIDAY :D

6. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hope you have a good one :), where are you going ?

Thomas

7. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I am right in front of the plane! Going to Turkey for week, was a very very very last minute booking

8. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

cool that's what i want, i can't see pictures from my current location, but from the responses of the people in the origional thread, and seeing your other adventures, i'm sure they will be nice!

did you fly ryan air? awsome way to get around europe and cheap too!

9. Jim M3

Jim M3 Member

Uwe, I would like a set also. Let me know when/how you want the £. Jim.

10. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

maybe a stupid quistion , but can i use them also on the right side ? , passenger side , before what date you need a answer
    Arjan

11. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

they will fit passenger or driver side. please measure the width of your bucket seat. the brackets are designed for seats 400-430mm wide between the M8 mounting bolts

12. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

i have a sparco evo2 , and a normal sparco evo , the evo2 fits whitout spacers and the normal one i have to shim , correct ? , what i am trying to ask is , the bracket that goes to the left side off the seat is the same as the one that goes to the right side of the seat in miror look , sorry cant find the word , exext oposits off each other , my englisch is not the best , mist a few lessons hahaha , but i hope you understand what i mean?
    arjan

13. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

arjan, here is the dimensions of your seat

http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/26.pdf

it looks like your front bolts are 446mm wide and rear bolts are 434mm wide for the EVO2.

Uwe, the recaro website says the SPG's are 395mm, looks like i'll fab up a set on my own with my a-10 sheetmetal friend.

how was turkey?

14. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I have a Sparco Pro2000 which is 400mm wide between the points. I believe that either your Evo2 is the same width and the Evo is smaller OR
    the Evo is the same width and the Evo2 is wider.

The brackets are left hand and right hand regarding the seat. Once you have a seat with brackets fitted, you can either fit that seat driver or passenger side. There are some slot holes in the floor positions to slide the seat from left to right to position it to your preferenced position (as long as it clears the tunnel, there are limits)

Please try to measure your seat width at the points from left to right (the GFK shell basically)

15. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Turkey was TOP! Hotel was top notch, food was good, sea was fantastic, really really didn't want to go home (that's a first time for me, usually I am fed up after a week and want to go)

I don't think the seats will have different width between front and rear points. All the brackets I have looked at are straigth and this would not allow a staggered fixing (unless you shim)

395mm will still allow you to use "my" brackets, you just need to enlarge the bottom slot holes by 2.5mm each side or shim 2.5mm up at each screw (or 5mm on one side to move the seat to one side)

I have to apologise for not posting better pictures, but some events in the past do not encourage me to lay everything open till I am ready to ship the parts. I will do my best to get some better information up as soon it comes close to production.

I am still working on the design and would like to inlcude some sort of quick height adjustment via the four side mounted screws (can already be done, but the screws need to be removed for that)

What's everybody's opinoin on that? Forget about it?

Cost is my main target, I want to get them as low as possible.

Finish: would you want them powder coated, blank or silver zinc plated?

I have drawn up some reinforcement gussets, but this would add cost as these need to be welded in before painting/plating.

Please post your opinions.

16. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

if this is treu then they wil not fit my evo2 , the maximum space between the brackets is 420 mm? (says origenal post/thread), i wil measure the seats next week to be sure
    Arjan
    ps , i already like the design as it is ,

17. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

I want to visit turkey someday, but after all this heat, i think i'm going to vacation in iceland next (i hear the girlies like americans!)

I think i'll probably space the seat to one side, IIRC other race buckets i've sat in have been offset on the stearing wheel when using the other companies mounts.

I'm planning on lowering my stearing colum, and tilting the dash down a bit. my friend did this in the states, as well as custom seat mounts. the seating position was perfect, and he was LOW (his jaw was parallel with the top of the door!)

I'd like powdercoated black, and as low as possible.

18. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

my evo2 is 445 mm , so this is not goeing to work for me , max between the brackets is 430mm ?
    Arjan

19. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I will measure as soon as I can get to the car. The BMW bolt pattern is in a unfortunate position when you want to fit a bucket seat! I could make the mounts to suit your width, but then they wouldn't fit the smaller seats :97:

I can't spend a lot of time before the Ring trip next weekend, maybe I can find a compromise to fit wider seats and shim the smaller ones, they only question to answer is really who has the greater share? Wider seats or smaller?

2 different mounts........:67:

20. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Uwe maybe you should make two runs of brackets first the small and then the larger ones.
    Larger guys are used to waiting on special made parts that will fit us :)

Thomas