new batch of bucket seat mounts

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by UweM3, Aug 15, 2007.

1. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I will look into that. But the Ring-trip this weekend is first priority.
    I have some work to do this week, so not much time to spare.

A wider bracket can be done but I need seat dimensions please. So post anything you have/know. Thanks

2. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I had a quick check on CAD and the bracket will allow seat width from 396-436mm.
    THEORETICALLY! There are some constraints when fitted to the car's floor which may prevent the max width of 436mm. As soon as I get back from the ring I will have a closer look.

3. lars.m3

lars.m3 Member

Uwe,

I will probably get (2) sets from you. Can you estimate shipping to the United States?

thanks

4. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

will find out thanks. I thought maybe best to ship all "US" brackets to Revmaster T in Florida as one shipment? Don't know if that saves anything.

Good news on price, have spoken to the laser cutter and price will be not more than £50 POWDER COATED! (satin black)

5. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

cool deal! i want one set, left and right bucket. wait is a set grouped like brake pads(4), or socks(2)? :)

6. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

1 set = 1 seat = £50 ish (depends if I have to pay VAT which is most likely to happen)

7. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

made some quick measurements today while cleaning the car.
    The brackets can be adjusted to 400 min - 425mm max. Even the slot holes in the base would allow for more than 425, the trans tunnel shape will be in the way.
    I can modify the design to get more than 425mm, but than the 400mm can't be achieved.

Options to overcome this:
    A) make brackets wider and shim smaller seats
    B) make left hand and right hand bracket (talking off one seat, not driver passenger
    C) make a set of "small" and a set of "large" brackets
    D) leave them as they are!

A = cheapest way to go, but shims have to be made yourself
    B = more expensive and complicated (this will result in 4 different brackets and will be a driver / passenger dedicated mounts. Very hard to order the right qty's)
    C = see B, but will be less complicated as a "large" will fit driver or passenger side. So will the "small"
    D = :D

your opinions please

8. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

UPDATE:

made some design modifications and the mounts will now allow for 440mm wide seats.
    BUT (and ther's always a but) this depends on your cage. If your door bars are welded to far inside the car, you will have trouble fitting a 440mm wide seat. (trans tunnel will not allow you to move seat further to the centre)
    This can be solved if I make TWO different types of brackets, SMALL and LARGE

Can we please start a list to get the quantities right, I can order as soon we have this done.

9. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

Uwe,

I definetly want a left and right set for the 325.

I can paypal you now or later, whenever you want.

what kind of timeline are you thinking? I have seats ready to go in when i get back to germany

10. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I have an opportunity to get things made very quickly, but need to place an order ASAP (tomorrow!) to secure the slot. If I miss that I will have to wait a couple of weeks at least.

11. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

Uwe, for future use I'll have a set (i.e. 2 front seats) of the std type.

12. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Dave, there is no "standard" type anymore. I have increased the bottom flange to allow the brackets to be opened up to 440mm. Only downside is the fact that the position relative to the trans tunnel is more or less fixed (only 10mm movement there). So if your doorbars are welded failry "inboard" you may have trouble to fit a wider seat.

changing the bracket this way was the most cost effective solution and they stay non-handed. Means there is no drive or passenger bracket. One size fit's all!

If nobody objects, that they will be ordered like this.

So you are talking about 2 seats? = 2 sets that is.

13. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

yep cool. If only i could have had a closer look at the weekend ;)

14. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

didn't realise you have eyes in your ar** :D

15. AndrewK

AndrewK Member

Uwe count me in for 2 sets (2 seats). I'm in the US. Let me know how you'd like to handle payment, shipping, etc.

16. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

OK, I start a list.

1 set = 1 seat

DawieM3 = 2 set's ?? (please confirm)
    Jake = 1 set
    WMWNWMN = 2 set's
    Lars.M3 = 2 set's
    215DMX = 2 set's
    AndrewK = 2 set's
    JimM3 = 2 set's ?? (please confirm) will send as discussed in PM

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  17. empty

empty Member

I have been looking for the width of the bolt dimensions on a Cobra Suzuka S seat, but to no avail. Can anyone measure or point me in the right direction before I pull the trigger on these mounts?

Thanks,
    Mike

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

Uwe,

I'm definitely in bud! My goal is simply to be able to adjust my seats closer to the pedals.

Jake

19. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Jake (and others) was talking about the quantity. Please confirm the quantity. Sorry for the confusion.

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

Ah... I just need one set for the driver's seat. :D

Jake