Wilders (dutch politician)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by John, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

That guy's face figits a lot. Reminds me of an addict's mannerisms. Very focused though. Coc perhaps?

Jake

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

What does coc mean Jake ?

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

Cocaine. :p

Jake

4. oscar

oscar Active Member

Well, I know about pressure and stress in life....probably a lot more than many would assume.

I think that the guy is in an environment that will put a lot of pressure on him, as it would to anyone that stands up and does the public political thing.

So if he twitches or does some thing ...let it go. He is a leader and a person that talks a lot of sense albeit that some of what he says may not strike a chord with some folk.

Hey...Dave talks about the Koran and the Bible.
    Do you know that there are passages in the bible that tell us to respect our Governments.

This guy has not got it right 100% . But he is honest, he has balls to say what is honest, he is striving for honesty....why knock that.

5. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

Rolland, being honest is one thing but making up 'facts' and saying are true is another...

6. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

What facts are being made up Dave?

If you ignore what is being said and just look at the pictures, which ones are false?

Which of the quotations are made up?

It is clear that the video is a "campaign", it is trying to show you exhibit A & B, then make conclusion C. Many (most?) political campaigns are made like that. You can argue the conclusion, but you cant deny the exhibit. Or can you?

John

7. Dave 215DMX

it's what he says, and like you say "conclusion C" eg. the koran preaches people to go and kill others... It's not the pictures, pictures are pictures, just like the videos of western troops in Iraq shooting civilians and laughing about it etc. War is not a nice thing, people are capable of very nasty things in the 'name' of peace and religion.

Yes facts are facts, but unlike alot of people I will not be swayed by propaganda using facts which have been twisted and pulled to meet their own ends, and that goes for about every government out there.... and I work in the advertising business... go figure! Maybe my morals are not as good as I would like them to be.

All I'm saying is people like this guy spread alot of rubbish about the middle east which is wrong, they take the view the uneducated of this world will blindly believe what they say. I lived in the Middle East for over 7 years, it's very different from how the papers would like to portay it in my humble opinion. I've watched people get their heads cut of for rape for eg. not a nice thing to see... but it's how you put it into context. i.e is it any different from western countires who have capital punishment.

--------------------

To sign off on this, the point i'm really trying to make is the people who see this film should see a balanced view. And not conviently ignore what has been done in their names across the world over the years.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  8. Jake

Jake Active Member

My intent wasn't to knock him. I genuinely think like he's on something. Just an observation.

Jake

9. oscar

oscar Active Member

No worries Jake.

How's the new digs ? You comfortable yet ?

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

The sun is nice for a change. Still not settled yet though.

Jake

11. oscar

oscar Active Member

That will take some time. You will always remember the good times though...that is a good thing about life :)

And friends are there....forever...if we wish

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  12. Artik

Artik Member

13. Dave 215DMX

bank central power.... don't get me started on that one!

14. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

In western countries I know of you dont get capital punishment for rape, and you did pick a rather harsh crime as an example. In some middle eastern countries, its enough to cheat in your marriage to get capital punishment.

So if you want to have a balanced view, pick balanced examples.

Not so fast. By me asking some very basic questions, I dont think youve understood what I was trying to get at.

Its not about culture bashing. The point can definately be made that there are those that would like to most definately deny freedom of speech. If you bad mouth, your life might get threatened! and of course that has happened and been put into effect. To me, thats already enough said. I think a lot of people would rather make things sound prettier than they are.

Also, some pictures are not propaganda. Some are just nothing other than the simple plane truth. I will remind you that immediately after 9-11, that means the very same day, in many countries people were out celebrating on the street. These were not false pictures and it wasnt propoganda -- it was LIVE.

Now my bottom line is not that we should seek out any particular culture, but if said culture attempts to seek us out and dictate terms to us and remove our freedoms, then yes we should say something. You dont have to keep your opinion to yourself just because people stand up and cry that their integrity has been hurt. But IMO, that is the essence of what is happening.

As far as Im concernced, if the Danish want to make some cartoons about Mohammed and if the Pope wants to relate facts about history, then they dont have to come back later an apologize to anyone. Turn the tables around and I dont see apologies being made, we see demands perhaps, thats about it.

Dave, its ok to welcome a culture but you dont have to kiss their ass either. Respect must be mutual. Since that isnt the case, we have what we have. There will also never be peace. Last time I heard, some president wanted to "neutralize" another country.

John

15. Dave 215DMX

You missed my whole point John. Your using the word 'culture', the 'culture' is not the issue in my view at all, its individuals of ANY culture using their 'culture' to thier own ends. Thats whats wrong here, picking up on these and using it as ammunition against a whole 'culture'. This isn't the right thing to do and isn't fair on all the people who do not believe the same as a radical element is trying to push.