signup list: E30 M3 / S14 Meeting 25-27. June 2010 -- Nüburgring

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by John, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Artik

Artik Member

pics pics pics!!!

2. wolfman

wolfman Member

Arrived today, great weather, sunny and hot with a light breeze.
    For the cars it's a little to hot.

Made a few pictures, will make some more tomorrow.

But I can give you some teaser shots ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looking forward to tomorrow...

Karim

3. Artik

Artik Member

Thanks Karim. The guy with the red Sport evo and yellow lighs is Uriel (Jon) and behind of him is Angel with the white evo1. Nice guys both

4. PBC M3

PBC M3 Member Forum Supporter

[​IMG]

5. stevesingo

stevesingo Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

The Spanish M3's. [​IMG]

Owners at the D-I-S-C-O. Sing it!

Form up for parade lap on Saturday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You Count Em

The sun setting over the Saturday night BBQ

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  6. wolfman

wolfman Member

I must say, it was a well organized meet!
    I had much fun, credits to the organizing team!

Everywhere you would go around the ring, there were E30 M3's.

For me the "lap de corse" or the parade lap was the cherry on the pie.
    A 50 - 60 M3 in a train around the ring.

Seccond best was a 2 lap passenger seat in John's car.
    I had a hard time getting the grin of my face... damn he is fast.
    Also the car deliveres so much more torq on the hill bits, it was a unforgettable expirience. Can ranter on for ages .... but feeling is believing.

Also made some pictures, I have put them in my gallary.
    Haven't put them all up, but there are some nice shots.

http://garage.s14power.com/showgallery.php?cat=582&ppuser=0

I hope for a s14power meet 2011 (with a increasing number of M3's)

Karim

7. wolfman

wolfman Member

8. URIEL

URIEL New Member

An unforgettable weekend.

I´m the owner of this M3

[​IMG]

I have no talked much with people because of my very bad English, but I hope to repeat the experience.

Pleased to meet in person ti people who wanted to see how like John, Markus, Hans...and many more.

Thanks for all :rolleyes:

9. stevesingo

As I wasn't in my M3 I took the opportunity to take some pics of the parade lap from the top of the hill at Brunnchen. I have re sized them to make them upload friendly, but if you want a full size copy, send me a PM with your e mail and pic number and I'll send it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That is all I have. It didn't help that you were early! Must have been going a quite fast.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  10. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

Hello Peter,

We arrived later @ 4:00 AM on Friday morning after a hell of a trip ...

Thanks to the French air traffic controllers strike our plane was delayed several times until is was cancelled. Plan B was to get a plane to another city as close as possible. Hence our best option was Amsterdam ... Flight also delayed 2 hours so we arrived @ 23:15 just in time to make it to the AVIS car rental office only to find 1 car available ... a Citröen C3 which carried 6 of us 350Km !!!!

11. MMM

We "The Spanish group" would like to thank the organizers for putting a great event together. For us it was an unforgetable experience which will last a long time ... hopefully repeating next year with the 25th anniversary of the M3 coming up in September 2011.

I apoligize for not being able to personally meet all of the forum participants. The Spanish group required constant translation to interact with others so my time was limited. I certainly would have spent more time with the rest on my own. However, I must say we left plenty of thing to do to return several times.

We are gathering up all the pictures taken and will need to filter +1.000 over the weekend to share them. Taking part in the parade lap was an incredible experience. The view of +10 E30 M3 in certain sections made for a unique portrait!

I also must thank John for teaching me the tricks of the track in 3 unforgetable laps. This allowed me to pass onto the rest of the Spanish group the correct track lines.

John's car IS a race cars with plenty of tricks and details to learn from but his driving skills make a great match. Awesome power but I am a lot more impressed with the handling !!!!

We passed everything on track including some crazy motorcycles ... the highlight going into the Fuchsröhre +200Km/h .... and doing the Karussell with 4 Porsche 996/997 Turbo/GT3/RS in front and passing all before Pflanzgarten the last 997 Turbo from Austria shaking it rear axle like a dog's tail.

12. MMM

We "The Spanish group" would like to thank the organizers for putting a great event together. For us it was an unforgetable experience which will last a long time ... hopefully repeating next year with the 25th anniversary of the M3 coming up in September 2011.

I apoligize for not being able to personally meet all of the forum participants. The Spanish group required constant translation to interact with others so my time was limited. I certainly would have spent more time with the rest on my own. However, I must say we left plenty of thing to do to return several times.

We adopted Davidw as part of the "Armada" and he kindly shared with us his experience at the Nürburgring.

We are gathering up all the pictures taken and will need to filter +1.000 over the weekend to share them. Taking part in the parade lap was an incredible experience. The view of +10 E30 M3 in certain sections made for a unique portrait!

I also must thank John for teaching me the tricks of the track in 3 unforgetable laps. This allowed me to pass onto the rest of the Spanish group the correct track lines.

John's car IS a race cars with plenty of tricks and details to learn from but his driving skills make a great match. Awesome power but I am a lot more impressed with the handling !!!!

We passed everything on track including some crazy motorcycles ... the highlight going into the Fuchsröhre +200Km/h .... and doing the Karussell with 4 Porsche 996/997 Turbo/GT3/RS in front and passing all before Pflanzgarten the last 997 Turbo from Austria shaking it rear axle like a dog's tail.

On the negative, I must say that the risks driving in a public day are really high. There were too many accidents and track closures ... most due to inexperience + overconfidence. Friday we had at least 3 ... saturday we did not even get a chance to do 1 lap and sunday starting from 8:00 more of the same. Hence it is always important to leave a safety gap in front going into crests and hind turns ... and even then you can still be hit from behind like it nearly happened on sunday's morning first track closure after a Swiss silver E36 M3 parked his car accross the track.

On a personal level for me is mission acomplished ... no timing needed ... safely home in one piece. I wanted to learn the track and enjoy the car were it belongs. Meet finally in person John, Manu, Markus ... I was also a bit unlucky with the car as the water pump belt came off in my 9th lap and had to park it in a small slot 15,1km until I got the Spanish crew to the rescue. Back again on track I did a few more laps to test everything and on my last lap I lost the power steering at the bottom compression of Fuchsröhre +200Km/h. Not a happy moment but managed to control the car and brake in a straight line. Still did the rest of the track including the Karussell without power steering, but this 2º incident was a clear sign to me not to call it a day.

We will be back!!!

13. stevesingo

It was a great weekend and the next can't come soon enough. The effort that went in to organising the facilities was most appreciated.

I would have liked to stop and talk to everyone, but I had to look after the Girlfriend, so my time was split. FWIW, she enjoyed herself, especially the lap with John. Whes she got out I asked " How was that?". "Fucking Brilliant!" was the answer. And she is not one for swearing.

I have to agree with MMM. The track is a crazy place when it is busy. I did 2 laps in the Girlfriends 320d Touring (Remapped of course!) and spent most of the time getting out of the way and avoiding people, including the above mentioned Swiss E36 M3 and the Spanish guys who were going well! I even had someone pass me on the right (Swiss again!), which I believe is a no no.

Next time I intend on spending more time in Nurburg in the week preceding. Hopefully getting some quieter track time and HOPEFULLY in my M3.

Don't hesitate to PM if you need a picture.

14. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi all, Im still catching up, but I did manage a video and got it converted with adobe.

so here it is. This is during the GLP time trial. We are actually supposed to repeat our times and not just drive as we wish, so I sort of dicked that part up because I decided I rather drive and worry about times later. So these were just for fun...

http://s14power.com/video/glp-001.wmv

I think I also have one with the 4 laps with Manuel from Spain, ill look for it.

John

15. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

Very impressive! The car looks fast,(is this 2.7?) and it is quite obvious you know your way around there too. Thanks for posting this.

Conrad

16. MMM

Hello Steve,

Sorry I did not get to meet you. We ask Davidw to identify the UK guys but did not manage to put a face/nick/name for all of you. We will get together all of the pictures on a DVD to share but need a few days to gather then up.

The "Spanish Armada" was actually holding back their speed because of the traffic & accidents. I had a briefing with all on friday morning to make them aware of the risks and to emphasize our objective: Having fun and returning in one piece. John's laps allowed a much steeper learning curve for all of us ... I am sure he is even faster without my +90Kg.

17. MMM

I would love to have the video even though I know I will ever forget anyway. The engine + Gr.A gearbox are awesome keeping the car always on the boil but the handling is sublime ... You certainly have evolved it year after year with the most durable and effective solutions. Testing it on the Nürburgring reenforces this.

18. HolySchmitt1

HolySchmitt1 Member

What a great weekend, so good to see so many beautiful M3's, on the parade especially. I am so glad I was able to make it in the end, it was my best trip to the ring yet by far. I'm still on a high

I cant thank anyone involved in the organising enough, and I pray that you will be generous enough to do it again. :25:

It was really good to meet some of the people behind the nicknames, not as many as I had originally intended but this is my fault for succumbing to the temptation siren call of the ring for most of the weekend :D

Thanks for posting all the pictures guys, for the same reason as above I was a bit lazy with my camera, so stealing some of yours will make some nice momento's.;)

19. davew

davew Member

What a weekend. Fun, Sun, Cars, Good Friends, Beer (Cerveza) and the Nurburgring! I had an excellent time - thanks to John, Rainer, Marco et al their wives and girlfriends. The organisation was faultless, relaxed and very welcoming - it was one of those 'memorable trips' you hope for.

The parade lap, far from a sedate 60 kmh seemed to be more flat to the floor in places and the sight and sound of 80+ M3's diving through the tree lined circuit, airboxes reverberating around you was pretty special.

As Manuel has already said, I became an honorary member of the Spanish M-Power Club and joined his Armada of brilliant guys for the weekend - althought the hangover on Saturday morning was very unpleasant! Hope we all stay in touch.

As it's an M3 forum, better talk about the car which went well, had a connection issue to Maxx that has bugged me for ages sorted by Martin (USB lead worked, Serial on laptop didn't), spent a few laps mucking about with tyre pressures in the extreme heat - 24 psi front and 26 psi rear (both cold) seemed to balance them out nicely, and despite being on road suspension and not stripped like some, I felt it held it's own and was certainly very reliable under pressure! Only problem which I discovered when I got home was another broken Alternator tensioner bracket which was put on new last week, aligned perfectly and lasted 1300kms to and from the Ring and 16 laps going round it - why does it keep breaking??

The other thing I need which can be fixed by throwing money at the problem is bigger brakes or a serious effort to plumb in a cooling system. My std EVO discs and pads are not up to the job despite trying not to use them too much.

Now waiting on photos and John's video to download....

Thanks everyone, Gracias a todos...

Dave.