Schnitzer Team 1987 BMW Group A

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by Dave 215DMX, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Ash

Ash Member

For interest (not purchasing!) sake I might have to follow this up as I live in Perth.

Won't get around to it for a couple of weeks as I am in London.
    If anyone wants me to take a camera I can if the owner is willing.

Ash

2. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

Although I personally don't like it, if the engine is what the owner says(or close to it) then working on the value of it in parts alone it this car is probably quite good value. And any of you who have built a car from scratch will know what it costs.A set of proper Group A DTM suspension/brakes and centrelock wheels would transform this car. As a good DTM or Group A car is getting around twice the money this person is asking, it is a relatively cost effective way into a 300++ hp car I suppose. And to the owners credit, it does look like he is being pretty honest in his description about it.

3. oscar

oscar Active Member

It's not a bad price imho.
    Anyhow, it is worth what someone wants to pay......we're not dealing with a friggin Honda Accord here :20:

4. blinkybm

blinkybm Member

So i'm going to open up this thread again, because I have bought the car and am rebuilding it. It's history is totally as stated, Schnitzer themselves have confirmed the chassis number etc. The car has also been inspected here by the guy who was chief scrutineer at Bathurst in 1987 and he confirms the identity.
    The car was largely stripped for spares at the end of the Group A era. The reason so many wrong bits were fitted was that the previous owner did not have the access or the $$ for them when he rebuilt it. But rest assured folks, the chassis is dead straight, and I am restoring this exactly to its Bathurst specification. See newer post for details....