GB: CFK & GFK E30 M3 doors

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by Jake, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hello,

After talking to Markus he’s agreed to do a group buy on new CFK and GFK doors for the E30 M3. A new *perfect* mold will be made if we can get at least 5 orders.

Prices are as follows:

1 gfk door 700 Euro
    1 cfk door 900 Euro

works only with 5 sets.

single price later would be
    890 Euro gfk
    1090 Euro cfk

~4,5kg for a cfk and 5,5kg for a gfk door could be 0,5kg more or less,,,,
    Delivery could be in January,,,,he could make the molds in november and build them in december...

A rough guide on shipping costs:

These parts are big and so it would be very very expensive!
    I think 2 doors would be 300 Euro or more on shipping to the US.....
    Inside Europe it would be cheaper maybe 100 Euro for 2 doors.

As an example of the quality here are some pictures of 1 series doors in GFK.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please email me if you are interested.

bmwe30m3lover@aol.com

Cheers,
    Jake

2. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

I have a friend that's interested in E36 inner CF door panels for his 2 door. Could this be included in this GB, if not that's OK too ;)

Thanks Thomas

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hi Thomas. I meant to ask Markus if we can add anything else to the group buy. If he needs a minimum number for each additional item I think it would be best to run a separate GB as it could get very confusing. :D I'll ask the question though.

Cheers,
    Jake

4. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

bump....

I might be interested but this is going to take me 3-4 weeks from now to decide. I have to talk to a few people to find out if I can get banned for this, since the big dudes are getting very strict (you guys know who Im talking about).

In the mean time, I can vouch that these doors are very good quality.

lieferant: du darfst hier auch taetig werden. :)

John

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

I'd like to do this but if we don't get enough people soon I will have to pull out or they won't be done in time for me. I will still be placing an order though so maybe we can expand this to other products too.

Jake

6. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Active Member Forum Supporter

Hi,

Jake- I am not really wanting Carbon Doors, but, if you need 1 more
    to make the target number on the Group Buy I will agree to to order
    a set of Carbon Doors to make the numbers up.

Please let me know.

Regards,

The Gorilla.

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

:D You are the man! Er... I mean gorilla. :p How many banannas will this cost me? :19:

Thanks Danny, seriously. Very very kind of you. I will keep this thread updated.

Cheers,
    Jake

8. TCB

TCB Member

Interested in a pair of carbon doors but I have a couple of questions

I guess that they will only suport a lexan window and no opening etc ?

Do they do a door car to go with them or is it not needed ??

Will they be ok for use at the ring or are they funny about compisite doors / plastic windows ??

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hello TCB.

The window comes lexan but with a slider window I believe. I'm not sure if it comes with a door card but I will ask. And I'm not positive they'll be ok at the Ring although I did see an M3 with them on this last visit in September.

HTH,
    Jake

10. TCB

TCB Member

Great - so you say the lexan is included ?? a slider on the drivers side would be needed to get the card in the slot at te ring :D

I guess the standard door handle / lock ?? and catch can be fitted along with the standard hinge ??

Let me know about the door cards please but I guess that with a no opening lexan window and just the door catch inside there is maybe no need for a card ?

11. The Gorilla

Hi,

TCB - A door card is only required for Motor sport events as its a
    means of making sure that nothing can catch or snag when exiting the car.

So if its Track Day use only then there is no requirement.

I do not think the doors come with any means of Carbonite or lexan
    window ?

Regards,

The Gorilla.

12. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

Looking at the way things are going at the 'ring' i would be VERY careful going for rally style sliding lexan windows... i say keep it stock....

13. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

there is an outfit that make full lexan windows in the US

14. TCB

TCB Member

So could a wind down window be fitted to these doors ??

15. The Gorilla

Hi,

TCB- Anything is possible, but there is no ''inner frame'' with Carbon
    or ''GFK Doors'' so you have nothing to fit the window gear to.

I hear what DAVE 215DMX says, but I can not believe if you turned up
    in your 360 Stradale with Lexean Window option, which has sliders,
    that you would be turned off the ring ?

Regards,

The Gorilla.

16. karlp

karlp Member

Jake

Am I correct in that a set (left and right) would be 1800 euro for CF with delivery extra to the UK.

karl

17. Highside

Highside Member

My mate Martin has been running at the ring just about every week for the last year (well, engine rebuilds alowing!) in his 350Z with carbon doors and lexan windows - some of you have probably seen the car.

So far it has never been a problem, but I will ask him if any of the Nürburgring staff has kicked up a fuss...

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hi ya'll :D

Markus has come back with some answers. I'll paraphrase...

There are no provisions for wind down windows. The door is molded with a back side, so you cannot get inside it unless you cut it open. You have to add your own Lexan windows of your design.

A door card is not needed because the back side is closed.

Sorry, I was mistaken. The lexan is not included. But Markus can provide scratch resistant windows for 150 Euro per door.

You are correct mate.

That's correct Karl.

Also, Markus said they can add Kevlar if you want although this makes it heavier. Obviously when people ask for light weight doors they want the lightest possible. He did not say how much adding a Kevlar weave would cost but I've responded with the question.

He also said they can add an internal door beam like the original door for 100 Euro extra per side.

That's all I've got for the moment. If you have any questions please post them up as others may be interested in the same info.

Take care,
    Jake

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

Wow, Markus already responded. He said adding the Kevlar weave will be 50 Euro per side.

Cheers,
    Jake

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

I don't think this is going to happen. I'll give it one more week and then this GB will be closed.

Jake