PBMW trackday 26/6

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by TrackM3, May 1, 2007.

1. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

yeah, really bugs me! 600kms on the Ring, 400kms in Brands and then I drive in back of a car like a pensioner on his Sunday drive.

Thanks to all for the offered help. I had a look under the bonnet and it doesn't look too bad. Airbox is undamaged but engine looks somehow out of place. But might only be my paranoia. Shame I can't start the engine (would need to replace the smashed dizzy cap) before the insurance had a look.
    Just don't want to get the shell written off.

On a side note, guys WEAR your seat belts! I am usually very relaxed with the belts after a trackday but for some reasons I was fully buckled up (even tighten) and the 6 points worked a treat! With my usual loose/no belt approach I would have hit the (metal) steering wheel for sure.......

2. perry131313

perry131313 Member

Hi Uwe
    sorry to see the damage.hope its all cosmetic.i noticed a black front bumper for sale on ebay. ps i got in touch with sanspeed booked the car in for next week (remapp)

3. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

Uwe, see PM, sorry mate.

EDIT: at least nobody was hurt!

did you get the car home ok ?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  4. stevesingo

stevesingo Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

Uwe,

I've got a couple of front wings in black you can have. There's a little rust below the skirt line.

Steve

5. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Uwe sorry to see your M3 hurting but that's just nut and bolts . I am HAPPY you didn't get insured . Maybe it's a good time to get one of those nice all aluminium radiators :)

Thomas

6. 89pgy

89pgy Member

7. Mark L

Mark L New Member

Hi Uwe, just wanted to say thanks for the passenger laps. Very impressed with your car. How many times have you been to Brands? Seemed like you were completely at home. Very smooth. Sorry to see what happened on your way home. Hope it's not too much grief to put right. Thanks again. Mark.

8. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Mark, thanks for the kind words.
    I think this was the fourth time I was doing Brands and I am not planning to do any more soon. Looking at the video footage, I seems even more boring than driving it :D I need a nother track! Anybody up for Oulton Park?
    Of course I will go back to the Ring again, but first my car needs to be repaired.

9. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

10. 89pgy

89pgy Member

Uwe, i'm also bored of Brands.Thinking of Snetterton or Cadwell park,but might be temped with Oulton park .Did you have any video of our laps of Brands.

11. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

Kirby, not much rubber on the road here...

[​IMG]

12. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I have some video, but was busy over the weekend. Unfortunatley nothing from the laps we had together in the afternoon. Bit some nice shots of Bob.
    My cam is mounted on the left had side of the grill, so with all the right hand bends and overtaking on the left there's not a lot of cars in vision, only on the straights. I will have to get a more wide angle lens and mount the cam in the centre of the car.

13. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Thanks Steve. Will contact you if there is a need for them. First the insurance will have to look at it. Are they SE one's?

14. stevesingo

stevesingo Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

Yep, SE ones. I have the liners for them too although they are not perfect.

Steve

15. 89pgy

89pgy Member

Dave its the only way to make those tyres last

16. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

you need me in the passenger seat. I will stay down on that side, I promise :D

17. Mark L

Mark L New Member

Uwe, I/we will be up for a day at another track sometime, as well as the Ring trip we have planned for early September. We've been talking maybe Cadwell or Oulton Park. (The Stannard Motors gang that is!!) But, I still have some repairs to finish from my 'off' at Brands last October! My job's been a total pain in the a**e! Not had any time to myself lately. I love being self - employed!!