How much do you pay for gasoline ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Revmaster T, Jul 27, 2006.

1. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Holiday season is nutty. The amount seen there is just for 5 guys. One holiday trip we had 109 cases of bier and wine. Split amongst 20 crew members. Nice traveling on a big jet. For that trip we palletized it for ease of on and offloading.

2. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

yeah, you always know when there are alot of aircrew in... all the good beir is gone!

I didn't see your plane, i went ot munich last weekend, and my mom came in for a visit so i took her to paris, and the normal eifel stuff (mandershceid, burg eltz, bitburg etc) tomorrow were visiting the cathedral in Koln, then sunday she's getting a lap on the ring and a trip to ikea!

I've worked 2 days in the last 2 weeks, it's been great!

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Well, since fuel prices are dropping here like crazy ( trust me I am not complaining ) :)
    I thought I post them here again. Regular $ 1.94 and Supreme $ 2.29 at a Sunoco.
    What's the trend in the rest of the world ?

Thomas

4. OLLIE_NZ

OLLIE_NZ Member

$1.46 NZD for 91 Octane here in New Zealand (0.78 US cents, 0.63 Euro cents, 0.53 GBP )

5. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Same in the UK, regular unleaded at my local Shell is 96.9p/litre, V Power 103.9p/litre, one on the supermarket chains has lowered their unleaded to 90.9p/litre, so other will be following suit................. for the time being at least.

6. Bruce

Bruce Member

Premium here in Texas is around $2.15...hoping to see it under $2 before the end of the year. Never thought I would see the day when that happened again.

Saw diesel for $2.55 yesterday (I paid nearly $4 on our trip to Road Atlanta and Ofest 2 months ago).

7. Artik

Artik Member

Here, in Madrid, Spain (€)

98octane 1.09 per litre
    95octane 0.98 per litre
    diesel 1.02 per litre

three-four months ago, 98 octane was on 1.28. If the barril now cost a half, why the cost don't reduces to half?

8. wolfman

wolfman Member

In Holland I fueled my touring up today with RON95
    And payed € 1,19 / liter (a few weeks ago this was around the 1.60 euro's)

I hope it stays this way (or drops more) next summer.

Karim

9. Revmaster T

If it were that easy ! There is a lot more to it then we will ever understand.

Thomas

10. wolfman

wolfman Member

Just when I thought fuel price had peaked, it's now on a new record here, and still going upwards.
    So I thought I gave this thread some new life.

In Holland, today the fuel prices are a staggering:
    1L Euro 95 - € 1,69
    1L V-Power - € 1,74
    1L Diesel - € 1,41.5

Out of 1L Euro 95, the goverment get 1 euro on taxes, making Holland the most expensive Euro country regarding to fuel.

Karim

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  11. x-works

x-works Member Forum Supporter

1.49euro a litre in Ireland and rising daily.
    Could someone please just shoot Gaddafi already.

12. wolfman

wolfman Member

I hate to discuss politics on a international board, because you always will kick someone where it hurts. But I have to agree on the Gadaffi thing.
    I am part dutch and part Tunesian, In Tunesia they think about Gadaffi as a John Cleese, Benny Hill carracter.
    A not that bright guy with a few sandwiches short on a picknick.

Unfortuantly, some of our not so bright dutch guys landed a helicopter over there and are captured.
    So everything happens over there is daily on the news here.
    And they say it could take a long while before the Gadaffi regime would give up or be gone.

So without goverment intervention, the fuel prices will keep on climbing.
    This could be a expensive driving summer.

Karim

13. Revmaster T

The whole thing is BS. Because it's pure speculations, that's what got us in trouble in the first place. IIRC Libya only produces a very small amount of oil for the global market.
    IMO really not enough to warrant such I drastic price hike.

The market could easily fight Libya by telling them to keep there oil and just ignore them as a supplier. That in itself would fix the problem. If they have no money coming into the country how could they operate for any length of time. Gaddafi would be just a bad memory in a short time.

Thomas

14. davew

davew Member

The oil we're filling our cars up with was bought a while back so this is the speculation on the futures market that drives the pump price up. Government here is really clever though - they increase VAT and duty, this drives inflation up so they want to increase interest rates to stop our out of control spending! Idiots - the only reason they're in politics is because private industry wouldn't have them. Which Politician do you know who is qualified to run Shell or BP - which of those companies or any major bank would employ a politician on qualification and experience - it's a scary world out there...

Oh and I paid £1.36 for one litre of Shell 98 (which is stil cheaper than the bottle of water they had for sale in their fridge that came from some relative of a frozen ice cap so either way you look at it we're doomed)

15. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

I have read a lot that suggests you guys are sitting on top of the biggest oil reserves in the WORLD, under the Rocky mountains etc. When are you going to knock a few greenies on the head and start digging it out?

Conrad

16. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

when the rest of the world has no oil...

if the theory is true, then its a very clever idea...Use the saudis oil up first, even at higher prices, and save your own oil.

but theory has it that there is a lot more oil to be had in the oceans...

who knows maybe when we are all grey haired we will be hot rodding battery packs to tune our electro cars.

John

17. babarabus

babarabus Member

scary thought

18. Revmaster T

As long as the pack says S14 on it, its alright. :cool:

John has a point, we suck the Saudis dry and then use our own resources. I wonder how much the gas price will be when it comes to that. Now that's scary!

19. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

Going slightly OT, and taking a look at the "bigger picture", has anyone else watched this video presentation? It has been around for a few years, and when first introduced may have looked a little like a bit of scaremongering, but seems to be fulfilling itself and might be close to the truth! Although by an American it is relevant to all of us. So far I have not found any evidence of anybody refuting what this guy has to say, which is most unusual when someone comes out with such bold statements as he has.Definitely worth watching. If you want scary, this is it!!

Conrad

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  20. autohabit

autohabit Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

Current UK price for Shell V Power is £1.38 / Litre

It now costs me £110GBP to fill my M5 (80 litre tank) at current exchange rates that's $178USD or €128EUROS!!

Alan