Group A car prodrive spec new build new parts

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by pnewbold, Sep 17, 2007.

1. pnewbold

pnewbold Member

THIS IS A VERY RARE CHANCE TO BUY A PRODRIVE SPEC BUILT RALLY CAR WITH DTM ORIGANAL DASH. ALL MECHANICAL PARTS NEW
    THIS IS A ROLLING SHELL
    LARGE DIFF WITH LARGE SHAFTS AND LARGE BEARINGS
    NEW PROFLEX
    NEW EVERYTHING
    IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OWN A BRAND NEW BUILT CAR WHICH IS STUNNING PLEASE EMAIL ME AT PNEWBOLD@AOL.COM

PRICE £45000

I DO ALSO HAVE A GROUP A 2.3 ENGINE SEPERATE PRICE DRY SUMPED

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A 330HP 2.5 LITRE NO PROBLEM PLEASE CALL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bruce

Bruce Member

45k pounds for a shell???

3. pnewbold

pnewbold Member

NOT JUST FOR THE SHELL BUT INCLUDING ALL THE PARTS ON IT. TRY AND BUY ALL THESE PARTS YOURSELF YOU WILL HAVE A SHOCK. IT IS A BRAND NEW GROUP A

4. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

nice parts on it , to bad i dont have the money

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  5. empty

empty Member

6. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

7. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

wouldn't that look just divine in Bastos livery....

8. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I have just wet myself.....
    I am sure it will sell for the money.

9. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

WOW............

10. Bruce

Bruce Member

Ok...for an engineless car. I would expect an engine for 45k pounds...but that's just me.

11. pnewbold

pnewbold Member

like i said the parts alone mount to more than asking price. they are not standard parts.

12. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

The asking price is whatever the asking price is...if he wants to ask 100k euro for it thats his prerogative. Its the buyers duty to do their own homework and decide if they can build the same thing for less. When I compare the English market to the German market it often appears that things cost more in England, but not always.

I do have one question about the front steering arms. Why are the tie rods attached above the steering knuckle and out of plane relative to the control arm and the radius arm (the arm going back to the frame rail)?

PS: a few more pics of the front axle and rear axle setup might help.

EDIT: there is no gearbox included correct?

[​IMG]

13. pnewbold

pnewbold Member

this pic is taken when the car is on axle stands and the suspension is in full droop

14. John

What does it matter if the suspension is in full droop? Or did you misunderstand my question?

Are you saying that normally you have the tie rod mounted below the steering knuckle?

John

15. pnewbold

pnewbold Member

sorry i did not read the question properly. strength

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

Pnewbold,

The reason is strength? Maybe I don't understand your response.

The steering link is normally under the knuckle, not on top like in your picture. It looks only temp installed though; I assume it's meant to go under the knuckle.

Beautiful build!

Cheers,
    Jake

17. John

I still dont understand. Would you mind, please, expressing yourself in complete sentences? Im not a mind reader... The setup shown is unusual...if its only mounted wrong on this picture ok, if you run it this way, then Id like to understand why.

If you dont understand what Im talking about, Ill circle it in the picture for you and post it here.

thx

John

18. The Animal

The Animal Member

John I think its basically because its in Rally set up where they have huge amounts of travel compared to a full on track set up basically its the opposite in what we do for track we put a spacer under to get the wheel up in the arch more to run lower and keep the arms straight as they have loads of droop and lots of travel if it was under it would be a really steep angle maybe not possible or I might be totally wrong here and some other reason.

19. pnewbold

pnewbold Member

correct to the last responce and on bumpy surface less bump steer

20. oscar

oscar Active Member

Could be a contentious question ....and I am definately not looking to stir the pot...so it is a genuine question...how come you have engines (2.3 and 2.5) for sale, and this car , which looks fantastic...and well done on the work :),

But...it is not being sold as a complete running car ?