WTB: US S14 trumpets

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by p_hans, Jan 22, 2007.

1. p_hans

p_hans Member

needed ASAP, any functional condition. please post your asking price.

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hello p_hans,

I have a few sets. I can send it to you with Priority shipping (approx 5 days) for $150. Could be ready to ship tomorrow morning.

HTH,
    Jake

3. p_hans

p_hans Member

thanks for the quick response..waiting on a couple local leads to confirm, if not then your offer sounds fair from the UK. will let you know.

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

No problem.

Cheers,
    Jake

5. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Rob Schering in Mass has a set. We just removed his 46mm for a 48 evo set and a CF airbox assy.

6. rscheiring

rscheiring New Member

Greg speaks the truth! And they're clean, as the engine was a full rebuild 2k miles ago.

If you're still looking, letme know.

7. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Patrick I told you you can use my spare set until you have your new setup.
    That way you don't have to buy them. Anyhow my offer still stands. ;)

Thomas

8. p_hans

p_hans Member

got one really cheap from an offer from another website! thanks for the offers guys.

thomas, i really appreciate your offer to borrow your spare piece for a while. decided to pick one up since my dad still isn't sure if he wants to go with the carbon airbox yet

9. Revmaster T

I hope your Dad did not think mine was to loud :) I remember you said something along those lines.
    Explain to him that there is a difference between being on the track or on the street. On the track it's mostly WOT.

Thomas

10. p_hans

p_hans Member

yeah he's fully aware of the difference, what i assume he's concerned with is how the airbox affects noise levels are part throttle. all the clips, all the real-life experience of hearing the airboxes are always full throttle! i've never heard it at part throttle, is it comparable to the stock plenum?

11. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

No way! When I had a carbon box installed (for a couple of weeks) and was on the way home my coffee was ready before I had the car parked up because they heared me 3 blocks away......

It sounds completly different. Everybody was turning his head when I drove down Highstreet. Even the dogs turned round!!! And that was all part throttle.

12. Revmaster T

LoL... yes it has its benefits :)

Thomas

13. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

It sounds AWESOME! Especially inside :D And you don't need to worry about your exhaust note. You can't hear it anyway....

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

Cheese and rice you guys are driving me nuts. :D

Jake

15. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

join the club and fit yours. You have been warned.....

16. Revmaster T

Just a little incentive for you Jake to get active :D :D

Thomas

17. oscar

oscar Active Member

Airbox + tunnel = Jake feeling like a group-a/ DTM race car driver :D

:m:

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

19. p_hans

p_hans Member

i would love to have the tone of a carbon airbox! especially on my E36 which, alas, is a US-spec :(.

i'm gonna keep working on convincing my dad that such a nicely built motor deserves a carbon box.

btw, why doesn't someone make these things in a composite plastic yet? i know tooling and molding is expensive but material cost beats CF by a long-shot. i guess it is sort of a shrinking market...but maybe for the E46 and E36 it would make sense?

20. Revmaster T

Tell your Dad not having the CF air box is like driving with the E - brake on .

Thomas