W***ers! burglars in my house

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by UweM3, Jan 19, 2009.

1. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Have been away for a few days in Germany to look after my mum (fell of stairs, don't ask) and when coming home tonight I found the kitchen window forced open and my 40" flatscreen telly gone! And a few other bits. F****g w***ers! :7:

sorry for the rant, but I am sitting here with a window I can't close and a bottle of booze......

2. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

I just got back from Sebring. I would hate to find my house violated like that when I come back.
    Sorry to hear about that Uwe. That really sucks, have you called the police ? Did any of your neighbors gotten broken into also ?

3. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

called the coppers and they turned up 10mins later. Well pleased how they handled it. Tomorrow morning the lab people are coming to recover finger prints etc.

I am well pissed off as you can imagine. So far only really valuable items are missing. 40" TV, Laptop, Video camera....

But the f***ers didn't find the cash! ( I can't sometimes remember where I hide it :D)

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Did you hide the cash under the mattress ?? :D

Don't expect to much from the police. I had some property stolen from contractors that did some work inside my house. The police couldn't figure out who of the 4 workers stole from me. It still pisses me off that the cops are so lazy. They can have it right in front of them and still can't solve a case.
    IMO they can only solve a case if they find a snitch.

Thomas

5. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Actually they looked under my matress, believe it or not! My GF thinks I am weired when I hide the money in strange places, but hey they didn't find it!

6. TobyM3

TobyM3 Member

Ach sche*** Uwe, Kopf hoch wird wieder. Hoffe du hattest nicht zu viele Daten auf dem Laptop......
    Gruß Toby

P.S. wurde nur bei dir eingebrochen? nicht das es ein paar Rotzlöffel aus der Nachbarschaft waren, die genau bescheid wussten....

7. Hans

Hans Member

uwe, do you have a burglary insurance ?

8. OLLIE_NZ

OLLIE_NZ Member

That sucks Uwe, sorry to hear that.
    I guess it's lucky your car is not running currently as they may have had off with that too :(

9. Chris

Chris New Member

A similar thing happened to my dad business many moons ago. We employed a friend of his to renovate our business shop and the contractor's employees stole stuff from our premises. Can you actually believe that. Giving someone building work and they go and nick your stuff.

The thieving bloke got the kick anyway.

Your home insurance should sort you out. Put a intruder alarm on your house and some light sensors to distract burgulars in the future.

10. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

We have insurance, just hope they will sort it out without too much hassle. the laptop was a few years old and I haven't got a receipt for it anymore.
    The window is fully broken and the patio door has suffered some damage as well.

Have spoken to the Neighbours but they are fine, just us :-(
    The whole thing looks somehow suspicious to me. there is no access to the back of the house from our property. We are sourrounded by other gardens, so they had to climb over two fences with a 40" TV. Also the mess in the house isn't that bad (not complaining!!), one would expect that burglars don't care too much and get the stuff out of the draws. Even a credit card my GF left in her handbag (!!!!! on view) was still there.
    we always believed that we are in a failry quite street, many times I forgot to lock my car! The M3 was parked with both doors unlocked over Christmas/New year (us away again.....).
    Well I have to be a bit more careful from now on.

First a big f*****g light with a motion sensor will go on the back of the house. And some more window latches, the kitchen window just popped open with all three levers bent out.

I am also looking into "smartwater" and put a sticker in the window. http://www.smartwater.com

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  11. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Sorry to here this UWe, you need one of these.........

[​IMG]

12. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Sporty1, I would rather have one of those. (but they are illegal in the UK)

[​IMG]

13. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

LOL. I wonder why...........

14. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I have seen one in action. Fecking scary thing! But 110% loyal to the family and property. They are used to hunt Pumas...
    Only when they are cross bred or raised to be aggressive they are dangerous, the "proper" bred dog is ok

15. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Sorry to hear that Uwe. The feeling of seeing your pad broken into is HORRIFIC

16. wolfman

wolfman Member

Sorry to hear about this Uwe, it's sad these things happen.
    I guess that they had to know you were away and had to know that you had something worth trying to steal?!
    This because you were the only one affected by it.
    Hope the insurance will pay up for the damage made.
    In the summer when my M3 is parked on my driveway I have 2 ir night camera's on it.
    It's not too expensive, maybe it would scare them off.

Hope that they will find the as@***** who did this and give you a hour with them in a room without windows :37:

Good luck

Karim

17. jpboost

jpboost Member

sorry to hear this Uwe,

It's a horrible thing to happen. It sounds like it's only replacable electronics that have been taken?

Good Luck

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

Petty thieves are the scum of the earth. I've had a few things taken while living in the UK. It's all too common. What sickens me is how some of those fruit loops rationalize it. Saying if you don't lock it up then you're asking to be ripped off. I say HOW ABOUT YOU KEEP YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF WHAT ISN'T YOURS!!!

Can you imagine what the world would be like if everybody was honest, if there were no thieves? There would be no such thing as keys, or locks, or military, or police, or jail, or body guards, or maybe even fences. Think of all the things we do to keep people from putting their grubby little mits on stuff that isn't theirs. The money that is spent, the lengths people go to. I cannot describe how much I completely hate theives.

Uwe, I wish you the best mate. Get past it as soon as you can. I'm familiar with the feeling of helplessness after a robbery. It can actually make you physically ill. Just try to shake it off like water on a ducks back. Take the necessary precautions, file your losses with your insurance company, and press on.

Take care Uwe.
    Jake

19. Chris

Chris New Member

Sherlock Holmes on the case... I very suspicious of your nice neighbours???

20. mark.c

mark.c Member

Sorry to here your news Uwe, hope you manage to get it sorted out swiftly and both can put it behind you. It does seem odd that they only targeted your TV given the way you describe your back garden, sad fact is that if previous experience is anything to go by, your TV will have changed hands several times by now for next to no cash in real terms.
    Anyway take it easy and hope it gets sorted soon.
    Mark