UK guys, need some info!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WMWNWMN, Jun 29, 2007.

1. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

A co worker was telling me about the phone company 3 and their new line called the x-series.

from what i've been told is that it is basically an international roaming phone, and with certian plans you can get unlimited internet, unlimited skype, etc.

what have you guys heard about it?

2. Not sure if you've seen it or not, but I think their web page answers most of the questions and explains the various package options. http://three.co.uk/xseries/what_is_x_series.omp

If that doesn't answer your questions , and no one on here does, try asking on www.pistonheads.com in the Pie and Piston section ( general chat ) and I'm sure someone their will give you all the gen.

3. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

yeah, i spent a few hours on that site, but it didn't answer some of my main questions.

pretty much will i get huge charges if i'm outside of the UK, i.e. germany.

my co worker says that when using skype or messenger, it just hops onto whatever tower is availible, but i don't really think that's the case. I don't argue with him since he is the type that could look at my bank account with a few key srokes, and in general has a pretty good bassis for what's going on in the electronic world

4. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

you might want to know there are plans afoot by the european commission to ban the system of expensive roaming charges, so you might want to wait a while.

5. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

thanks for the info guys, but i was hopping i could use this phone to connect to skype, and thus call home to the states for free. 3 doesn't offer the new x-series service in germany (probably cause T-punk is an evil monopoly) but does in surrounding countries, so it looks like i'm SOL for now.

probably when i leave germany it will become availible