Silver 530i Touring Spotted...........

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 215m3, Feb 22, 2007.

1. 215m3

215m3 Member

............in TBMW, with a certain forum member behind the wheel............

Good write up, the last time i saw it it was engineless and it was in bits

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

:D I'm blushing.

Jake

3. Didn't know you were going in the mag Jake!

Was reading it in WHsmiths today and thought it looked pretty sweet :cool:

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

I didn't know either. :D They took those pictures almost a year ago. I need to email Matt and say thanks but I can't find his email.

Jake

5. matt_g_robinson@yahoo.co.uk is the main TBMW email address at the mo.

Ask for a copy or two - he owes you it! Who did the words by the way?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  6. Jake

Jake Active Member

Thanks Nick! I'll email him today. For some reason I thought his name was Matt Harvey. Does that name ring a bell over at TBMW?

I met Matt at the Ring last year over the Easter weekend. He used to own a 540iT and so he went for a ride in mine. That's when he mentioned he did work for TBMW and thought the wagon could be featured. I thought cool but didn't really think anybody would actually be interested. Sure enough though about 2 weeks after getting back he called and we set things up.

I didn't know how long it would take and just assumed they'd snap a few pics and that would be it. So I foolishly thought we could do it over my lunch break. LOL :D Ended up giving them the keys while I went back to work. It was a bit uh... nerve racking. My work buddies thought it would be funny to call me and explain that "there had been an accident" in their best British accent. They were met with nervous laughter while I tried to figure out if it was a joke. Haha...

But all was well. Matt was really nice; he took the pics and his mate did the words (his name escapes me for the moment). Honestly, I was surprised they liked it as much as they did. I'm in love with the car but I'm not so naive to think it's everybody's cup of tea. :D

Take care,
    Jake

7. :99:

Matt Harvey is/was a freelance photographer for TBMW. He also did some work for a Porsche mag, amongst others.

I'm guessing that if Harvey did the pics, it was probably Andrew Everett that did the words, as they're friends.

This reminds me, I'd like to do a feature with all our modified M3s on track at some point :)

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

Ah, that's it. Andrew was his name. Yep, it was Matt Harvey. I've lost his email but I think I have his number somewhere.

Jake

9. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

I know Matt as Ive seen him plenty of times at Ring Racing. I have his
    card.

Yes, bring on the feature -- we will all be at the Ring on Easter :)

John