New engine harness

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by saburai, Dec 2, 2007.

1. saburai

saburai New Member

Hello all,

I'm in the process of fitting alpha-N and a CF airbox to my S14 powered 2002.
    It seems that whom ever did the initial transplant did an adequate job with the mechanicals. However, their electrical abilities were some what lacking... I'm contemplating just starting over and replacing the engine harness. That is if it is available and is not cost prohibitive. Some one care to enlighten me :D

Many thanks

2. ronman

ronman Member

Rich:

I have a good used one that I could sell. In an E30, they aren't terribly difficult to replace. Not sure about M2 and what hoops one has to go thru to fit one up. Where are you located?

3. saburai

saburai New Member

Right now I'm in S.W. Florida.
    What are you asking for it?
    Just so that I'm clear, this includes every thing right up to the motronic ecu plug, correct?

Thanks

4. Bennetts22

Bennetts22 New Member

I also have one for 150.00 complete. I am in WI

5. ronman

ronman Member

Rich:

I'm in NY State. At $150, I'd buy the one from Bennetts22. It's north of $950 list for a new one.

6. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Rich, its up to you of course, but why not just buy a new harness? Then you have all brand new wiring and connectors and less likely to have trouble down the road. The problem with some of these old harnesses is that they are old, connectors brittle, missing gaskets, wiring possibly damaged or repaired before. Make sure to get the right year harness for the right model, otherwise you may have to make a few minor modifications to get certain things working. Before buying something blind, Id ask for a few pics of any used harness otherwise you might be sold the cat in the bag...

John

7. saburai

saburai New Member

Thanks all!

Bennetts - what is the history of the piece you have for sale?

ronman - same question. Also what are you asking for it?

John - Idealy that's what I'd do, but a grand on some thing that I'm not positive I need is a tough nut to crack.

Push comes to shove and I can just spend some quality remedial hours with shrink tubes and sodder ;)

8. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

No problem, but for reference the engine harness is ca $550 at BMW new + price of the spark plug harness.
    John

9. saburai

saburai New Member

Thanks John. Do you know the part number? If you do I can check localy, it seems my shop account is still on file at BMW in Ft. Myers ;)

10. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

It looks like that BMW of Ft. Meyers has inflated prices ;)

Thomas

11. saburai

saburai New Member

Yes, very :eek: