Nürburgring - June 8-10

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by MMM, May 30, 2012.

1. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

We are going to be returning to Nurburgring with +30 BMW M Club Spain guest +20 BMW M cars for the weekend June 8th - 10th. Doing TF on Friday 8th and Sunday 10th. I am taking my M3 again ... really looking forward to seeing the performance gain with all the additional changes I have made over the last year.

Visiting Spa-Francorchamps on Saturday June 9th and watching part of the 12 hour endurance race in the morning ...

Returning to Nordschleife to watch Manu Kabel race in the Eifel 3 hours Race (Youngtimers) with a BMW E30 325i Gr.A with some BMW E30 M3 + M1 and a few Porsche 911 RSR among others!

Let me know if anyone is planning on visiting Nurburg on these dates.

Manuel

2. MMM

+20 BMW M cars on route to Nürburgring ... getting really eagered to drive there again. Hope we have good wheather!

3. MMM

The adventure starts ... note rear wheels space on my M3 is now reduced to a minimum.

Attached Files:

4. davew

davew Member

I am so jealous - have a great time. Pick next year's date early and I'll join you (only managed to get a pass for Ring 24 hours and Classic LeMans...)

Your car looks very well prepared and I'm sure it goes as well as it looks! Ten una cerveza para mi (o cinco...)

Dave.

5. MMM

Hello Dave,

You should escape for at least 1 days and join the Spanish crew ... otherwise we will miss your company. A few beers will be evaporated but we also taking +60 bottle of Ricardo's wine +10 kg. of pulpo +30Kg. of meat + barbaque ++++ you get the picture ...

6. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Manuel, good luck at the Ring! Looks like the yearly trip from Spain to the Ring is becoming a tradition. When are you leaving or have you already left?

Unfortunately I wont be at the Ring, car is still not ready.

John

7. MMM

Hello John,

It is already a tradition as most guest are repeating from the last 2 years.

We are flying into Frankfurt Thursday afternoon. Will have dinner in Nürburg and drive TF on Friday morning. Dinner at the Pistenklause on Friday night. Manu Kabel will be there as well to drive in the Eiffel 3 hour race with a BMW E30 325i Gr.A on Saturday afternoon. He will also test my M3 on Friday morning. Sunday afternoon TF again. returning to Madrid Monday afternoon after the lorry picks up all the cars.

I am sorry you can not make itthis time as I really wanted to see your car's evolution. Will take a raincheck as it is another good excuse to return.

Manuel

8. davew

davew Member

Joderrrr! Que mal que no puedo escapar este fin de semana...

BUT forget the Cars, the Octopus and the Meat - Ricardo's Wine is the true star... +60 bottles of chilled Coto de Gomariz in the Eiffel would be enough for me!

Enjoy yourselves!

9. MMM

Hello Dave,

O.K. but you are informed ... beware once you see the pictures. Great wine has to be matched with a good meal, hence we are taking the full kit!

10. MMM

Hello Dave,

We are even doing a promotional effort for his new white wine for the export market:
    "The Flower and the Bee". I have already had the chance to taste it with a Lobster Paella and it is sublime.

There will be several of our BMW E30 M3 decorated for the occasion ...

11. MMM

Back to reality ... car arriving back to Madrid today.

We had an awesome time with perfect weather ... ir rained on the day we arrived and the day we left but in between no rain. Hence Friday was perfect TF day with 7 hours of little to no traffic and no track closures.

Saturday we rested did a huge barbaque and later watch the Eiffel race. Congratulations for Manu finishing 4th in his class and 25th overall (out of 150 entries) with a BMW E30 325i Gr.A. Well done!!!

Sunday we tried to do TF but track was closed 5 times: Burnt Subaru Imprezza Sti; Complete side scrape on a beautiful Porsche 996 GT3 Mk.1 with plenty of Mantley parts + sequencial gearshift (!); Motorcycle crash; Two more casualties of our own group of 20 cars ... an E36 M3 at Schwedenkreuz destroyed the front and later nearly at the end of the afternoon a mint E30 M3 EVO II coming out of the mini-Karussell clipped the front in the inside guard rail correcting and over steer. Luckily only reparable material damage.

I had a great time and the car is a real beast until the rear exhaust box was destroyed (excess heat???) after only 6 laps on Friday morning. Manu took a passenger lap on it and made sure I did overstep my driving skills ... Thank you!

Finally, I took a passenger ride on another friend's Nissan GT-R who scared me to death and physical pain at the sheer physical brutality of the beast ... still would not trade it for my M3 as it now has the soul of a true blood racecar.

iPhone pictures for now ... but promise more higher quality & action pictures in the next few days.

Manuel

Attached Files: