Lifeline Group N wheel QR

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by TrackM3, Dec 2, 2007.

1. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

Brand new QR Steering wheel boss for all 6 bolt boss's, as page 117 of the 2007 Grand prix racewear catalogue, never used cost £148, £140 i know it's not much of a saving but i need the pre wired one which is now available again.

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

have you ever thought of using a QR as used on porsche super cups? Im not familiar with the lifeline, so I dont know whether it is splined or not. The modern designs dont have splines anymore. They have zero play and the steering wheel can never be put on crooked. Maybe these lifelines are the same thing, but if not, look into getting one without splines.

John

3. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

John any pics, the lifeline one i have used for a few years, they are splined but can only go on one way due to one larger spline, i need a prewired one for the new aim dash functions ?

4. The Animal

The Animal Member

Martin why don’t you use some multi core flexi wire and use that instead how most race and rally teams do it with a connector on the end.

5. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

Nick, with the steering rack ratios we run it just doesn't work i tried on my E30 and it was a pain in the arse !

6. The Animal

The Animal Member

Ahh forgot you want to use it on the road still. Your going for the full on snazy way very nice in the end. You going for the Spa pre wired one and welding the spline onto the BMW shaft.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  7. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

maybe you post up pics of what it is that you need.

I got my splineless QR thru isa racing.

John