ITG Air Filter

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by BMWMAN, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BMWMAN

BMWMAN New Member

Looking to purchase ITG Air Filter for Alpha N Setup up.

Thanks

2. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

you will need to contact ITG for this. Doubt that there are any for sale secondhand.

3. marco

marco Member

If it's of any help, Piper Cross made a filter to fit in the carbon fibre snorkel when I fitted a/n.

Not cheap though, about £200.

Cheers,

4. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I thought that was ITG ?!?

5. Definatley Pipercross - I asked them to make it :)

From what I remember, the ITG doesn't fit in the airbox funnel (or very well, at least).

6. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

7. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I stand corrected. I never looked at that option because I think it's ridiciolus money they are asking.

8. marco

marco Member

Uwe,

Your not wrong, I was going to cobble one together, but the engine builder said for for the sake of a couple of hundred pounds it was not worth risking a new engine build, as one they had cobbled together was coming apart with the intake sucking so hard.

Plus, being cone shaped I figured it would be more efficient at letting the air through as piper cross designed it to work with an engine producing c250bhp.

Cheers,

9. I agree, it's far too much. AFAIK though, they are only charging this too make money back as they had to make all the tooling specially for it (and I'm sure you know that this is expensive).

Marco - exactly! We all pay way over the odds for bits to keep our lovely antique M3s running at their best, so why not pay a little more for peace of mind?

Incidentally, I checked my filter a few months ago (after being on the car for nearly 2 years, and it still looks absolutely fine (and it gets driven in all weather).

10. marco

marco Member

Hi Nick,

Les, who installed your Alpha-N & airbox did my engine rebuild and alpha-n etc.

How is your's going particularly with all the coil over suspension?

Sorry to go off topic!

Cheers,

11. Ah that's great to hear - they did a top job on the Ewok and were really nice people too. What kind of engine rebuild did they do?

Mine's going ok at the moment. Aside from some urgent rust problems that I will have to get sorted during summer next year, it's nearly finished. A full write-up on the coilovers (along with a few other things) will be going into an imminent issue of Total BMW (there were some interesting fitment hurdles with the suspension).

12. marco

marco Member

Cool.

Yep, mine stripped & rebuilt with 2 x 284 schricks, alpha n & airbox.

Look forward to the article.

Cheers,