Hello!!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Dan Norton, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Dan Norton

Dan Norton New Member

Hi Everyone.

Great site you have here, i came across it via a website refferal from PBMW magazine who featured a chap called Uwe Brunzel and his black e30 m3.

I dont own any BMW just yet, since passing my test i have had nothing but japanese peformance cars (Dan hides from the great big flame thrower aimed his way :D), but i'm looking to build a track spec E30 in the new year.

I am actually a BMW fan and love both the E30 and E36 shape BMW's (aswell as most the early BMW models and of course the newer stuff), after being brought up on them since my dads first E21 323i many many years ago.

Anyway, hope to stick around, ask stupid questions and hopefully meet a few owners when the car is finished.

Cheers.

Dan.

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Dan, welcome on board. There certainly is a lot of info here to look thru. So you read about some bloke named Uwe Brunzel? There is an Uwe on the forum here but thats not the same guy, our Uwe drives a clapped out rust bucket. He is typically leaving a bit of rust behind at each track he visits. :)

John

3. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Welcome!

Can you scan that article for us foreigners to see...?

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Dan and welcome great to have you here :)

Thomas

5. Dan Norton

Dan Norton New Member

Cheers fellas for the warm welcome.... i will take some photo's of the mag tomorrow and post up (i dont have a scanner), the car in question certainly isnt a rust bucket :D

In the mean time, i will obviously search on here, but if anyone has any links to decent e30 m3 lightweight panels (everything fron bonnet to wings), then please let me know.

Cheers.

Dan

6. Dan Norton

Dan Norton New Member

7. marco

marco Member

Hi Dan,

PM TrackM3 for lightweight panels. I've got a bonnet of his, v good.

Cheers,

8. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Steady now! I have bought a high tech stainless steel sweaper and leave the pit area spotless since....:D

9. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Welcome Dan. I think you make the right choice with the E30. There's nothing wrong with a japanes car, but the E30 is such an "easy" car to drive and can be modified for reasonable money (if you stay away from anything Grp N or Grp A....). If you're not sure if this is the right car for you, just come alonge the next trackday and hop in my passenger seat. I am sure this will speed your own build up no time :D

10. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

After you have been in Uwe cars you can come out in a proper BMW ?

11. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

yeah, and he can sit on your back seats and watch a DVD. Or use the playstation.......:29:

(....I think I will fit that nitrouse kit just to see your facial expression when I am flying past you on Brands Hatch Home stright mwaaahaaaaa!)

12. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

just need some comfy reclineing seats now !

13. e30matt

e30matt Member

Dont worry Martin, Uwe's got one of them for his passenger seat. If your nice to him he might let you borrow it. :)

14. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

That seat will be for sale soon. There is a second one which I believe is for sale as well. Just need to speak to DanM3 (who bought one off me) if he is still thinking about selling.
    Recaro SRD (looks like Sport EVO) in black cloth with black Alcantara bolsters on E30 runners. One mount already lowered.

15. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

will the driver being wearing a full on race suit, shoes, gloves etc? Uwe?

John

16. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

jeans, smart shirt and nice pair of espadrills !