Hello from Switzerland,

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by m3_forever, Dec 17, 2007.

1. m3_forever

m3_forever Member Forum Supporter

Hi all,

Well my name is Diogo, and I'm 21, I'm living in Switzerland and still single !

I bought my car about 2 years ago, it's an M3 E30 Alpine Weiss, with now 150k km, with leather, electrical sun roof etc etc, and no AC !

Modifications made by my self !

- BBS RS 8.5 and 9.5
    - H&R Coilovers
    - S3.73 differential
    - Sparco Front Strut Bar
    - Weishers Rear Strut Bar
    - Zimmerman discs plates
    - Ferrodo Pads
    - 25 mm brake cylindre
    - supression of the katalisor, 2 tubes until the superprint end "look DTM"
    - SACHS clutch
    - Non cat header (50/50)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, it's me !

Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  2. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Welcome Diogo. You wouldn't be portuguese, would you?

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hallo Diogo Willkommen hier, schoen das Du uns gefunden hast. :)

Thomas

4. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

the marriage site is 2 doors down on your left ... :) (just kidding)

sounds good and looks like youre a Drift-Meister.

I heard that if you get caught driving more than 30 kmh over the limit (some call that "speeding") in Switzerland nowadays you get automatic 3 days in jail + 600 euro fine. Any truth to that?

John

5. jani.autio

jani.autio Member

Hello and welcome Diago!

I like to see more photos of your M3.

6. mickey1969

mickey1969 Guest

Salut Diogo , je t'ai croisé sur Lausanne il y a peu , une M3 blanche avec les 3 bandes Motorsport ca se loupe pas !

7. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

...and theres nothing wrong with being single at 21 !!!!!

8. m3_forever

Well, thanks to all of you !

If you want to speak in another language, you can, but not german, unfortunatly i don't know ! Here in Switzerland I'm in the "French part, so we speak French"

Well about drift, no ! Why, when i bought this car, it was my first time that i had and tried a "propulsion" "the power comming from the rear wheels" and every time that it rained a little i used to try to do little drifts in the corners but in the road ! I got cought by the cops..... And finaly stopped! For ever.

This sommer i heard about a full track weekend for 150 euros, i said i'm in ! It was my first time and the LAST ONE "with an M3 E30" ! Why? I just felt my car suffering at every corner being at the limiter of the RPM, not that good to my mechanic ! BTW i loved the feeling of drifting!

For the seeding you're right ! It's like you said ! THE JAIL ! is real, i've tried !
    It's stupid, here if you smoke weed in front of the cops or others stuffs illegals they just say stop it ! You get caught seepinding in the high-way you're a criminal !

Well for you the german people, i heard also that the rulles are going to change in the high way.

Take care all ++

9. m3_forever

More pics, no problem, just i don't have recent ones, because i'm rebulding my all car !!

But i'm still have some old ones !

10. m3_forever

Hello, oui effectivement c'était bien moi ! Prochaine fois fait moi signe et on bois un caffé !

++

"Yes it was me, Next time, stop over me, and we'll drink a coffee!"

11. mickey1969

mickey1969 Guest

En fait , j'était avec le berlingo du boulot ... Si tu a des rencarts sur Lausanne dis le mois , je viens avec la M3 !

12. oscar

oscar Active Member

Funny one that. I was about to say something along that line :D

Anyhow, big welcome Diogo :26:

Your car looks clean to me. I like to see the chrome kidney grilles and the BBS RS wheels (I have these too).

Have you got those aftermarket tail lights ?
    It is a personal taste thing but I absolutely do not like them at all. Ignore my opinion ...just saying what I feel :)

Again, lovely to have you here :25:

13. m3_forever

Hey guys,

You know why i said that i was single ? Because i hought taht all of you were married with kids and living in a big house with a nice garage, and all of you were owing a Touring for all the family ! lol "just kidding"

But all my ex-gf, and freinds girls says that my car in a car for old people ! Like a chrysller voyager !

Let's talk about M3 now !

I really appreciate that you say the truth ! Thx for the comments !

About the tail-light, those are the old school tuning ones ! Thore are the MHW, that the previous owner gave me with the car, they were brand new never monted, they lok-like almost the same as the Star-tec ones ! I'm thinking to change them to the startec ones ! Let's wait christmas !

BTW Merry Christmas and nice vacations to all !

14. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

So THAT is why all the swiss drivers where flashing their lights, honking their horns and shaking their fists at me as I pissed them doing about 180 kmh on the back roads :)

Seriously though, I once went to Switzerland to go pickup a diff, and I know the guy he likes to drive very fast thru the alps (he drives much crazier than I ever would), and he said you got here fast from Munich, how fast were you going? Then he told me about the new laws and be careful not to end up in jail!

We will see I dont think we will get a speed limit. The german auto industry is very powerful and they are much against any autobahn speed limits. It really doesnt matter because on most autobahns its too much traffic usually. If you want go fast, like constant 250 kmh+, then you have to drive at night or very early in the morning.

whats with you french people, get 3 of you together and the conversation automatically switches to french...lazy :)

John

15. m3_forever

Well it's official...

Since one week I'm dismonting all the car for a full rebuilt !

In one month it will go for a full respray inside and outside, with a lot of goodies !

I alredy have the motor out of the car for a rebuilt too.... (but i exactly don't know to do with yet ! Still in 2.3 or go for a 2.5) ! If you want to advice me, go i'll hear all of your comments!

That's a lot of work and at the end you have a thousand of parts in the garage !

Already started collecting all the new fournitures to remount the car after the paint job.

Lot of work, and monney !

Have a nice new year everyone !

16. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Diogo, sounds like you are doing a lot of work all in one time.

To give you proper advice on which way to go with the engine build. We need to know what's wrong with the existing engine, what kind of driving do you do, street car or track car and last but not least what's your budget you have set aside for the new engine.

Sometimes it's cheaper to get a EVO 3 2.5L block, rather then getting your old 2.3L block refurbished balanced and blue printed. You also will benefit from having a stronger engine block ( the newer ones have stronger webbing )

Get a reman EVO 3 crankshaft ( comes with new bearing shells ) and Flywheel.
    Use your old cylinder head after it has been rebuilt maybe with bigger valves and Schrick camshafts. All new timing chain gear oil pump etc. which you need anyway. Then you need Cf air box and engine management system like alpah N for a piggy back or a full stand alone like Motec etc.

All this costs a lot of money but if its planned and done correctly you'll have lots of fun at the end :)

Thomas

17. m3_forever

Thanks,

Well, right I'm doing a lot of work at the same time, but i'm not in a hurry ! First of all i want to be done with the shell, after that i'll start making the engine.

My needs with my engine:

I want a more powerfull car (as every one) but not looking to achieve 280-300 whp ! I do not need a race motor.

BUT, 3-4 times each year i would like to go to track events etc.... Having fun safetly, not in the road.

I also would love to have an driveble engine, if some times i go to the city with it, that would be nice to have a motor that can handle the iddle.

I also want a strong engine, that's why i'm not looking for 300whp, an engine that i can trust, if i want to go on vacation with the car, i want to trust my engine. (of course with all the maintenance that it needs)

----------------------
    My actual engine, is getting tired, i don't have that much of kilometre but i'm feeling it tired, and some weried noises are comming from, (i couldn't locate them) it also over RPM 2 times with the previous onwer (the previous onwer was my best freind), that's why i decide to rebuilt the engine.

---------------------

I would love to have 48TB's, CF Airbox, Alpha-N, big valves, head worked, new psitons etc.... But i don't know if i have enough monney for that.

I'm planning to spend 10k EUR in the engine, without labour.

What do you think, what should i do ?