Hello from Malaysia

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by berq, Apr 27, 2008.

1. berq

berq New Member

Hello guys!!...am new here...here's my car:

1990 e30 m3 sport evolution # 545:

Exterior:
    -Brilliantrot
    -It has all the sport evo body parts xcept for the front splitter

Interior:
    -Black leather interior & everything else is the same as other sport evos
    -The ori suede mtech was retrim by previous owner to normal black leather , but i managed to get another one

Engine & Drivetrain:
    -S52B32 (ouch??)
    -5 Speed manual

Wheels:
    -Hartge 17" 3-piece

A little history on the car:
    The car was brought in from UK into Malaysia in 1995 by a japanese guy whom revved the car "too much" that resulted with a blown s14, with the s14 being expensive to rebuilt in '96/7 in Malaysia, he decided to put in the s52 and the s14 was send back to japan with him(@$#$#)...
    I bought the car back in '06 wanting to restore it to its former glory but it is hard to find a 2.5L s14 anywhere near asia...
    For the past 2 years i've been searching high & low through europe and asia(especially japan) for the 2.5 s14 but wasnt lucky i guess...everything else is still intact xcept for the engine+drivetrain+front splitter..

well,here's some pics of the m3:

Exterior:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interior:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. berq

berq New Member

hope can learn more from this site & hopefully find a new heart for my car here

3. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Glad you found your way here. Take a week vacation and read the posts! Welcome.

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Berq and welcome :) very nice car you have there, even though the previous owner installed an S50. BTW how is the install done ?
    Keep in mind the most important thing is that you are happy with your car anything else is secondary !

Thomas

5. berq

berq New Member

will do then.There's a lot of info here compared to other sites.this is gonna take a while..

6. berq

berq New Member

Thanxs Thomas!.The install looks like factory install though.Almost everything is neat & tidy but it gets to me everytime people asks me to 'Pop the hood'.Its very powerful(to me) but in the end it is still not the same free-revving car that its supposed to be.

7. oscar

oscar Active Member

OK, hello dear...
    do we need to find you a genuine Sport Evo Engine ? Is that what you want ?

8. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Hello berq, lovely looking car you have.
    :17:

9. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Berq, glad to see that you finally resolved your initial problem and made it over here. We have a gallery as well, have a look.

John

10. berq

berq New Member

hehe,if you hav one sitting in your garage then i wud be more than happy to ransport it back here..:D,..j/k

11. berq

berq New Member

will do then John...thanxs for the help :)

12. berq

berq New Member

thanxs man...the car is rarely driven but regularly waxed..:D

13. berq

berq New Member

just out of curiosity, how much would it cost me to build a "new" 2.5l?