Hello all

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Tom, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Tom

Tom Member

I live near Stamford in Lincolnshire, UK. I have owned BMWs for the last 15 years including 2 E36 M3s, E34 M5, E39 540i Touring, etc. I have always wanted an E30 M3 ever since being given a lift home in one belonging to a local BMW mechanic, many years ago.

2. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Welcome! Well, you've seen the light!

3. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Welocme Tom.

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Tom, welcome !

Thomas

5. smartie

smartie Member

Hello Tom, what spec are you looking for? Oh and welcome!

6. Tom

Tom Member

Ideally a 215hp in Brilliant Red but I would also be happy with the 195/200hp model and I guess I could be flexible on the colour but I really do fancy the red :rolleyes:

I'm not fussed about the interior trim (leather, etc) and don't much care is it has air-con or a sunroof. However, I am looking for a car that has been well cared for by an enthusiast, with a good documented history and good bodywork/no rust, etc.

I have cash in the bank but I was going to lurk on the forum a bit and ask silly questions to learn about the cars before venturing out to have a look at any. I'm in no hurry to buy. In fact, with the economy going south as fast as it is, it would probably be a good idea to sit on my hands for a year or so as I believe that all classic car prices will soften considerably (anyone remember the early 90's ?).