Greetings from Portugal

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by ///M3SportEvo, Nov 7, 2006.

1. ///M3SportEvo

///M3SportEvo Member

Hi people,

My name is Bruno, I'm 31 and writing from Portugal. I don't have a bimmer...yet...but I'm a huge fan.
    Basically I hope to learn much about the E30M3 and S14 engine.
    Sorry for any english errors, but I bet that my english is better than your portuguese :D

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

Welcome to you Bruno =)
    When/ if you decide to purchase an E30M3, are they readily available for sale in your Country ?

3. Old_skool_bmw

Old_skool_bmw Member

Welcome Bruno,
    If and when you do decide to purchase a BMW e30 M3 you won't be dissapointed :D :D :D

Laurence.

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Welcome on board Bruno , don't worry about your English you are doing fine :).
    Do have any idea when you are going to buy a M3 ?

Thomas

5. ///M3SportEvo

///M3SportEvo Member

Thanks for your welcome :)

There are some E30 M3 in Portugal, but very hard to find one for sell :( Owners just don't sell them very easy.
    Other E30 that's very hard to find it's the 320is (same S14 but 2.0 liters with 197 HP).
    Special editions are even harder to find!!! The most wanted/hard is the Sport Evo (aka Evo III) I think there are only 3 in Portugal and one is for sell (expensive, but worth all the €) I've seen the car and it's astonishing...I just couldn't sleep just thinking of the car!!!

I will buy one...some day :) even if I have to import it (there are some in Spain)!!!

cheers,
    Bruno

6. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

Welcome Bruno,

I recently came accross a Sport EVO in Lisbon selling for 36.000€ ... :p

However, you do not have to spend that much to fully enjoy the S14 experience. We have about 6 Sport EVO in the BMW M Club in Spain and after having driven several both in the street and track I rather have my 1986 2,3l 200CV with the carbon fiber airbox + Alpha N + suspension + brakes + etc ... you get the idea. With a budget of half that price you can have a 250CV 2,3l with all the extras and still have plenty of cash for tires and brake pads.

Then again if you have an Sport EVO + EVO II + 215CV track car like a fellow Club member then you do not have to worry about that ... :D

Could you tell me what are the choices of tracks other than Estoril?

We may make a Club BMW M meet in Galicia and it is likely we would try using the Braga track. Any feedback on this is appreaciated since I have never been there.

Manuel

7. ;smilie[32] Bruno. At least where you are you should probably be able to find an M3 without any rust ;)

Oh, and hi Manuel - good point, well made. You don't need an SE to have fun... it's just a badge after all ;smilie[78]

8. ///M3SportEvo

///M3SportEvo Member

That's the one Miguel :) I found some E30 M3 for sell in www.coches.net but now in Portugal I can't find any for sell :(

I guess you are right...It's more wise to spend about 10.000€ to 12.000€ for a 215cv E30 M3 and still have some money to make it even better than a Sport Evo! but it's really an exclusiv car.

I don't really know that cause I only went to Estoril (live near).

Cheers,
    Bruno

9. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

Hello Nick,

Even in Spain you find E30 M3s rusting away ... I guess some were imported from the U.K. just like 2 of the Sport EVOs currently in the Club BMW M Spain.

Nick you also have an Alpha N + CF airbox ... Have you dynoed it yet?

10. That's true... it's best to get one that was brought into a warm clime early on in its life!

Allegedly, my M3 with airbox, Alpha N and 283 cams (plus exhaust mods) makes 240bhp, although I need to get it on a RR with some other similar and standard M3s to verify this :)

11. Sheila

Sheila New Member

Hi Bruno,

If you need some help here in Spain to look for your dream, you only have to say it. Hurry up because prices are growing very fast and there are few units for sale...you won´t regret.
    One question: I was told a couple of days ago about a Portuguese 320is cup...did it really take place? do you think it would be possible to buy one of those cars?

12. ///M3SportEvo

///M3SportEvo Member

Hi Sheila,
    Sorry for the late answer. I really can't afford one E30 M3 now but I know my day will come :)
    About your question, the only thing I know is that the 320is model was only sold here in Portugal and in Italy, because of our taxes. I've never heard of a 320is cup but if one existed, it will be very difficult to find one for sell. A regular 320is is almost impossible to get!!!

Cheers,
    Bruno

13. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

The 320IS Cup raced here in Portugal in 90', 91' and 92'. This particular car for sale was sold last week to a friend (Gavin) an Englishman leaving in Mallorca (Mallorca man at Bavaria forums) and he'll be racing it over there. I pointed him towards the car and inspected the car with him here in Porto.

The car was the BMW importers car which was used to as an invitee car, this particular car was driven by Johnny Cecotto and Ravaglia in Portugal and there are videos proving it.

14. supercardetailing

supercardetailing New Member

kiko, would be nice to see some photos if poss off the 320is cup car,did not no such a car exsisted.rob. www.supercardetailing.com

15. supercardetailing

Hi bruno welcome on board,be interested to see how much good condition m3's and 320is are worth in portugal.rob.www.supercardetailing.com

16. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

There you go...

[​IMG]

I'm not revealing the final price but the asking price was 10 000 euros

17. ///M3SportEvo

///M3SportEvo Member

Oh boy! I didn't knew it existed!!! Nice :)
    It's a good trackday car!

18. supercardetailing

19. Newera

Newera Member

My parents and two youngest brothers live in Lisboa.

I originally wanted to send my E30 M3 to my brother to use as a graduation present. A national there living abroad can send one car every 10 years to Portugal, as a personal import tax free...

But he warned me the chances of it getting damaged / stolen / vandalised were very high, so I decided not to send it in the end.

Anyways, good to see there's interest in these cars from Portugal, Bruno!
    What's a decent E30 M3 worth there?

20. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Where do you live? Unless you live in Monaco or Northern Europe your chances of getting the car vandlized in Lisbon are the same as anywhere else, the insurance premiums are alot lower than in England for instance which might mean something, actually we have one of the lowest crime rates per capita of all European capitals.
    OR

Your brother lives or goes to sort of "ghetto" parts of Lisbon.

An M3 E30 in good condition is worth 15 000€ a low mileage, good condition Evo 2 is worth 22 to 25k € and a Sport Evo is worth the same as everywhere else (32-38k €).