Greetings from Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Douglas, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Douglas

Douglas Member

Hello everyone.

My name is Douglas (Doug), I'm 21 and I own one of the few E30 M3s in Costa Rica. It is a US spec with an unknown mileage because the ODO wasn't working when I bought it almost 2 years ago. It is going to be needing an engine freshening or a rebuild soon, but the parts are very expensive here in Costa Rica and everything has to be imported from the US or the dealer which is extremely expensive, so I'm still saving :D.

Here are a few pics of when I bought it (it didn't even look like a zinno):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And this was last Sunday's Interclubes event at Autodromo La Guacima in Costa Rica (www.laguacima.com):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the long post :D.

If you have any suggestion or comment, feel free to post it!

Doug

2. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Nice pictures Doug.....a M3 in it's natural environment.

:17:

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Doug and welcome. Nice before and after pictures. Looks like you are on the right track with your car :D
    Please keep us posted on your progress.

Thomas

4. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Welcome Doug!

5. smartie

smartie Member

Welcome Doug, and I thought I was young when I bought mine! (like a monkey in a tree sporty)

6. Douglas

Douglas Member

Thanks guys! You're right, that's where it belongs.

E30's are like an addiction to me and I never thought of getting an M3 back then. I was too lucky to find one for sale here, and I inmediately sold my 84 318i and got the remaining cash from the bank. Everything else has been dedication and patience (i'm pretty sure you guys are used to that too! :D)

A few more pics:

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]