FS: 1988 trackday car

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by piers66, Oct 1, 2007.

1. piers66

piers66 New Member

After 10 (mainly) happy years of owenership I have decided to put the M3 up for sale. Spec as follows:

1988 Lachs silver AC car (originally with CAT), cloth interior, approx 190k km, originally German car.

Modified as follows:

Engine - approximately 20k miles on rebuilt 215 (late) engine with 48TBs.
    MAXX A-n piggyback ECU & C-F airbox with ITG airfilter.
    Schrick 284/276 cams
    Professionally mapped - 236bhp
    Miltek stainless exhaust

Transmission - gearbox re-built shortly after I bought the car, Rogue gearshift, 40% lockup 3.9 lsd (rebuilt last year)

Suspension - GAZ coilovers front & rear with adjustable camber top mount at front. Adjustable camber rear axle (by Geoff Steel Racing). Eibach anti-roll bars. Suspension set up by Geoff Steel Racing. Reinforced front subframe. Front strut brace with cut-out for airbox.

Brakes - Pagid grooved discs with blue pads, braided hoses, racing brake fluid

Wheels/tyres - 16inch with Dunlop track tyres, 2 toyo proxes; 15inch with M&S tyres

Interior - OMP bolt-in cage, Sparco seats with runners, Luke harnesses, accelerator pedal heel/toe extension

Car did have an off at Cadwell Park but repaired through Moseley Motors

Have loads of receipts and original handbooks.

Car once appeared (to my surprise) on front cover of Trackcar(?) magazine - I'll dig this out if buyer interested.

Looking at £10500 for it - any inspection welcome (car is currently in storage near Bridgnorth, Shropshire)

If seriously interested please PM me (with telephone number if possible) and I'll call to discuss.

Piers

2. piers66

piers66 New Member

Photos

Recent photos...

Attached Files:

3. piers66

piers66 New Member

Photos

Mileage & suspension

Attached Files:

4. Looks like a very similar spec to mine! Will be interested to see how much it goes for in the end. Is there any rust?

5. piers66

piers66 New Member

Info.

Nick

Scuttle was replaced 6 years ago - as with most 20 year old cars there is a bit of rust, but overall very tidy.

Piers

6. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Piers, just noiced that you are running Dunlops. What's your opinion?

7. Funnily enough, that's about when my scuttle was replaced too! Have you had all the interior out to check for it? I found lots when I did this and had to repair it promtly.

8. piers66

piers66 New Member

Tyres & Rust

Uwe

The Dunlops (hard compound) are the only track tyres i've run, and coincided with huge suspension change - GAZ/Eibach/Neg camber front & rear - but I found the whole combination a revelation on track. No more trashed outer edges & loads of grip. Also stable in torrential rain - although this on motorway rather than track.

Nick

When I had carpets out a couple of years back all fine, but I've never taken dash out.

9. piers66

piers66 New Member

Price now reduced to £8950, offers. MOt until Jan 2009