From Cebu, Philippines

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by jpn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. jpn

jpn New Member

hi guys,

I am all the way from the Philippines. Cebu City the place to be!!!!

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hi there.

I have been in your Country. In fact, my brother is married to one of your people. My whole family flew into Manila and then flew to the Southern Islands for the wedding.

Lots of poverty. I tried to help a lot of people. It is overwhelming.
    We have an orphanage to help. Everything is hard work. My brother got very ill trying to keep it all happening.

So much poverty. It is hard for others to comprehend unless they have been there.

3. jpn

jpn New Member

Thanks for the welcome.

Yup a lot of poverty here, nice of you guys doing something in your own way to help us out here....just be careful with the people you deal with here, there are a few who will always take the chance of taking advantage when dealing with foreigners, so if ever you are giving out financial help or sending money for the orphanage, be sure it is well spent for its purpose and not put in some asshole's pocket...if you know what I mean!!!

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi there and welcome !

Thomas

5. oscar

oscar Active Member

Yeah mate, I certainly know what you mean.
    Being in those bus type things that take you out into the country areas...that is freaky. I mean, you really need to have your wallet down by your private parts. Everyone is just jammed up against each other and chooks and God knows what on the bus....

Damn...I even went into a major Bank and there were two guards on the door with semi-automatics, then, when I walked inside there were folks sitting with animals running around the Bank floor, chickens in cages, guys walking around with rifles...it was like the wild west !! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008