Evening all!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by caneswell, Oct 11, 2007.

1. caneswell

caneswell Member

I've been lurking a while on here, so thought it was time for a proper intro. I'm a UK based 1990 215 M3 owner, for 3 years. I'm a recently graduated automotive engineer.

I've been on the bavarian board (Mike 90 M3) for a while, seems to be much quieter nowadays though, and on S14.net too.

Picture time, Clean:
    [​IMG]
    Dirty:
    [​IMG]

2. Jake

Jake Active Member

Welcome Caneswell. :D

Jake

3. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

welcome!

that skidpan day looks like good fun. Where is this and what can you do/learn?

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Caneswell and welcome ! Looking good going around that turn there . :)

Thomas

5. smartie

smartie Member

Welcome!
    Nice looking M. Looks like you might have some fun roads round you.

James

6. caneswell

caneswell Member

It's at Oulton Park on their rally track. It used to be run by a friendly track day company Tracksport as "Drift days". However I think that was stopped when the Motorsport Vision empire took over. I think they run their own there on occassions though.

It was great fun, the surface is very polished tarmac, which was then wetted, making it like driving on polished, oily ice! Good way to learn though as it's actualy harder to control the slide when it's that slippery, and didn't really wear down your tyres. Also the speeds are very low so it's hard to hit anything.

7. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Hello and welcome...great looking car.

8. Playo

Playo Member

Welcome!

I did a skid pan a few weeks ago, Excellent fun!

You get the car right on (and over!!) the limit safely, even got up to 50-60 mph.
    Which is pretty freaky when on full tilt!!