Even another member from Portugal

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Berkut, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Berkut

Berkut New Member

Hello,
    My name is João and I'm a long time reader on the forums, just not a intensive poster but I'll do my best to add to the discussions.
    I'm from the north of Portugal and I don't currently have a M3 or a s14 powered car, but the wealth of information on these forums have appealed and helped me a lot on my e30's build.
    I have been a yearly ring visitor in the last 8 years and I think I met at least a member there, i think TR-Spider lent me a wrench this August, about the 30th (the portuguese fellows with the bmw compact).

2. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Welcome!......

3. TR-Spider

TR-Spider Member Forum Supporter

Hello João,

welcome to the forum!

I think I remember the compact at the Nordschleife...

Nothing wrong with a "normal" E30... show us some pictures, please!

Thomas

4. Berkut

Berkut New Member

Thank you all for the welcome

And also thanks for the help at the parking lot.
    I don't have a lot of pictures and the car is currently in a gazillion parts as I've been busy finishing my degree.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm a bit ashamed of how the garage looks in the pics, it's much cleaner now, hehehe.

And my brother's car on street wheels, the future might hold a s14 for this one.
    [​IMG]

5. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi João and welcome. Is that a S50 about to be installed ? Keep us posted on your project.

Cheers Thomas

6. Berkut

Berkut New Member

Thanks Thomas, I will.
    Sorry for the mobile pictures, it's just a slightly tuned regular 2.5 M20(~200 hp). I am not used to having a lot of power on the rear wheels so I'm going to step up bit by bit.
    Other things are sorted although I don't have pictures, but the suspension is KW adjustable coilovers (separate bound and rebound adjustment) and nice aluminium bushings, near 325 grp A spec I think.
    Brakes and transmission will be stock(ish) for now and I'll see how they stand up. Later on I plan on a nice 4 wheel brake upgrade, ditching the assisted brakes altogether (i like the lotus raw brake feel) and probably a trick differential, when funds allow.

I believe my biggest challenge will be getting the car road legal here so I'll be able to use it on the ring, especially with a proper cage.

7. OLLIE_NZ

OLLIE_NZ Member

Hello João and welcome from New Zealand :)
    I was at the Ring on the 30th of August also, I think I remember seeing that car.

8. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Welcome João .

9. lopes

lopes New Member

ola and welcome Joao,

cristiano

10. paddym3

paddym3 Member

welcome along throw the build pictures

11. Alemonei

Alemonei New Member