Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by TrackM3, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Roops

Roops Member

Noise controls are getting tougher and tougher in the uk. Normal allowance is 98db static. Sometimes you get noisy days that allow up to 105db. Cars with Carbon airboxes seem to suffer more than most, we had to fashion up some sound dampening with cunningly placed cardboard and duct tape to get "Dawie" past the noise controls at Donington. Often you can past the static test but fall foul of the the on track monitoring. (Donington is a bit of a standing joke seeing as it is sited next to East Midlands Airport......and jets pass over the circuit to land.....)
    Most of the good track day companies (Easytrack, Bookatrack) allways indicate the noise allowances for the track.

HTH

2. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

Brands is 108db but they often reduce it to 105db if the track day is just after a race meeting ?
    Snettertom is 105db
    both tested from the pitwall so a slight lift or upshift gets you through ?

3. karlp

karlp Member

I would have a slightly different viewpoint on some of these tracks.

Brands Hatch - as above - expensive.

Silverstone - can get tedious when you have been there a few times - but still one of my favourites.

Castle Combe - fantastic track and challenging - very fast -the chicanes were put in because people were getting killed. Noise level of 98dB.

Goodwood - very fast with very long corners. However there is one section that is very tight. May not be technically challenging but not many people get it right for really fast speeds. As you are going very fast you can be led to believe you are a fast driver -but not so on this track. Noise levels of 98dB.

Snetterton - boring

Karl

p.s. Silvertone do a lot of evening sessions throughout the summer.

4. Roops

Roops Member

Defo agree about Goodwood. I did a lot of sprints there and never felt that I had mastered it. It's a place that desreves a lot of respect. I knew when I had done a quick lap as I would be shaking after getting out of the car......

5. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Here is a short clip from august 2004 at bruennchen
    on the Ring (vid provided by Kevin Payne).

do you think this is too loud for a UK track day?
    if it is, I dont know if cardboard is going to help.

click here

John

6. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

3 X E30 M3'S going now, i think MSV are feeling guilty about the cost as they are doing a free BBQ !

7. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

so if I go I can probably only pick 3 in 2 weeks time:

1. cadwell park
    2. oulton park
    3. Brands Hatch

alternate 1: donington
    alternate 2: castle comb

how does that order sound?

John

8. Roops

Roops Member

I don't think you will dissapointed with any of those three. They all have features to be enjoyed.

Cadwell - All of it is a challenge.

Oulton - Cascades corner.....oh yes......

Brands - Paddock hill bend......oh yes..oh yes......

9. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

Personally i would put Donington 1st Cadwell 2nd Oulton Park 3rd
    Brands Hatch indy is boring once you have been round it twice.

10. amorgan

amorgan Member

what time is it on to up there. is it a 5pm finish?
    my mate tim will be there in his gt3 rs. you cant miss it as it has dymag carbon fibre wheels. if i get back in time from work i will pop on up again
    adrian

11. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

Yes it's a 5pm finish, will be there from 7am, nice GT3RS, saw it at the last track day we did, HOW MUCH WERE THOSE WHEELS ???

12. amorgan

amorgan Member

thats a shame, dont think i will get home from work in time for 5pm. as for the wheels, not too sure. the car has had a load of cash spent on it

13. amorgan

amorgan Member

So how was it then guys?

14. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

What a superb day, i forgot how good The GP circuit is, eveyone had a great time, bob shredded another 2 tyres thats becoming a regular thing now, and thanks to all who helped me sort the car at the end of the day, CHEERS ALL.

15. amorgan

amorgan Member

how many e30's were there in the end. when is the next evening session. need to try out the bilsteins and h and r's

16. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

Adrian, i never do the evening sessions, due to the track being so busy, but i'm sure they ehere doing one later this month check out the msv website, We only had 3 e30 m3's matt in the Charade and a friend in his XKR Coupe
    but a superb day, good watching Justin Wilson in a Rousch Mustang GT taking passenger rides sideways everyhere, he shaw can drive, thats why he is Current Champ car champion.

17. amorgan

amorgan Member

sounds like a good day. my mate said he enjoyed himselft on his slicks in the afternoon. i take it you are doing the next trackday then. hopefully will get up there.

18. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

will try to do one in August , and then i need to book for the m power day at Silverstone, bring it on !

19. amorgan

amorgan Member

i am on honeymoon for the mpower day so will miss that. might try and do aug date.

20. M3Bob

M3Bob Member

Brands

Well i had fun, altough i love the indy circuit because you are on it all the time, the gp circuit is the dogs danglies, Martin and myself had a good few tussles around there, shame it had to end;smilie[46]