Big Hello from Istanbul/Turkey !!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by CLUBBER, Oct 21, 2007.

1. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm Can from Istanbul/Turkey, I'm a proud owner of a '87 Euro Henna with 61K miles for over 6 months now... She's the best thing in my life at the moment. I bought it in pretty good shape from a collector but still needed some tweaks here and there . I will keep here as stock as possible and while at it I started a full rebuilt on the motor. She will be done before december I hope. Will post pistures once she's done including the process... Here are some pre-surgery pics... S14 FTW!!

Enjoy,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think please !!!

2. Rob

Rob Member

very clean car clubber !

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Merchaba Can and welcome. Very nice car you have there ;) Sure would like to see your progress on what you are doing to your car.
    I may dare to say if you hang around here long enough your car may not stay stock for to long :)

Thomas

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  4. oscar

oscar Active Member

Welcome aboard ! :9:

You know, I have both stock basket weave wheels (Cabrio) and BBS RS1's (Evo) but the more I see clean cars like this (and that of course includes our Cab)....I actually really like the stock wheels. I guess BMW knew what they were doing back then ;)

Good to have you here and that you are happy with your M :)

5. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Lovely car Clubber. :17:
    ( not suprising judging by the amount of Meguiars product in one of the pictures ):D

6. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

Thanks a lot my friend !

Merhaba back Thomas :) I'll try to keep you guys up to date as much as I can. You're right about the temptation to modding...I'll try my best :D
    Hi, I also believe stock 16's look pretty good in our cars...Lovely cars you got there btw !
    Thanks my friend... That pic was taken after a full day of detailing at a meugiars shop.. They're not my own stuff...I'm not THAT anal ! :)

Thanks again everyone ! Your opinions mean a lot to me !

7. Muke

Muke Member

Oh my...:eek:

Your car is so beautiful. Those stock wheels and everything.

(Now i know. I must put the original wheels back on)

8. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

Thanks Muke

I had no idea stock 16's would be such a big hit here ! WOW ! Glad you all liked her !

BTW, I just got a phone call from my part supplier in Cali, he said he's having trouble locating parts because of the fire and everything, does anyone have a brand new 2.3 s14 crankshaft ?

9. e30m3man

e30m3man New Member

Welcome clubber from a fellow newbie. Your car looks great!:cool:

10. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

Thanks a lot my friend... !

11. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Hello and welcome.

I have been in Ankara two weeks ago. A E30 M3 must really be a rare sight in Turkey!

Hope the roads round Istanbul are better than in Ankara :D or is there a place where you can enjoy a sportscar to it's full potential? Do you have a lot of track days?

12. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

UweM3 - Wish I knew before you got here...I was in Ankara couple of weeks ago as well.

the roads in Istanbul are much better with long highways and great twisty back roads with almost none Police control.

Let me know if you happen to come here again !!!

13. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I will be back Mid January. But it's for business not pleasure and I had almost no time to do anything else. A real shame, I wanted to explore a little bit the Ankara town centre. The guy's we met in Turkey took us our for a meal in a traditional kebap house which was relly nice. But nobody warned me about the spices.......:35: