Bedford Autodrome 10th November

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by Tom, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Tom

Tom Member

I will be taking my car to the track for the first time on Monday 10th November. It is an open pit lane event at Bedford Autodrome. I was wondering if any board members would also be there?

2. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Bedford is quite good. What brake pads are you running? It's quite heavy on the brakes.

3. Tom

Tom Member

I will be running OEM BMW pads. However, as this is my first outing in a new car I will be taking it quite easy ;)

4. marco

marco Member

Bedford quite strict on noise - what exhaust & intake are you running, as a carbon intake may be a problem.

cheers,

5. Tom

Tom Member

My CF intake will not have arrived in time for Bedford so I will be running the stock intake and probably a Milltek exhaust.

Does anyone know how they measure the noise. I have a sound meter but need to know the position and distance for the measurement. Also, at what engine revs are the readings taken or is the engine just run up to the red line to get peak noise?

6. marco

marco Member

You'll be fine with standard intake and Miltek (made to be less than 98db for trackdays)

Cheers,

7. Tom

Tom Member

Well, I didn't get round to fitting the Milltek in time (in fact it's still not on :( ) so I was running the horrid Scorpion. Static sound check was OK. It was absolutely chucking it down all morning so I took it very easy (both sets of wheels lifted at about 80mph on the back straight through standing water on one lap :eek: serves me right for running Toyo 888's in the wet).

After lunch the rain let up a bit so I was able to push on. Unfortunately, I was black flagged for tripping the sound meter at 89.4dB - the limit is 88dB and you don't get a second chance at Bedford, they just kick the car off the circuit and it cannot return that day :(

Despite the weather and being black flagged I still had a great time. I can't wait for the next track day; by which time. hopefully, the car will be in full (modified) health.

8. Demlotcrew

Demlotcrew Well-Known Member Forum Supporter

Yeah i really dont like Bedford, whats the point of having a car that doesnt make any noise!!!!

9. Tom

Tom Member

I know what you mean. I am beginning to think that I will have considerable problems with a number of tracks once the CF airbox and Milltek exhaust have been fitted :mad: