August 29-31 Nuerburgring weekend (reservation list)

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by John, Aug 10, 2008.

1. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Thomas, normally its not that bad at the Ring, it was the worst weekend Ive experienced yet with so many closures and so little track time. There have been busy weekends before and sometimes several closures a day, but usually I always manage my 20 or laps a day which is enough for me. The traffic has never really bothered me. Perhaps its best to avoid weekends where they have a big event on the GP circuit, like Renault F1, DTM, Oldtimer GP, Recaro days, Truck GP, etc.

I hope you do come back sometimes when we have M3 meets at the Ring.

John

2. John

BTW, has anyone heard from Can? did he make it back to Turkey in one piece?

John

3. Andreas M3

Andreas M3 Member

As i´ve understood him they will travel to some more countrys, so maybe they are still on their way...!??

Maybe Olli (OLLIE NZ) know´s more??

Andreas

4. OLLIE_NZ

OLLIE_NZ Member

Can is in Milan- Italy and then heading to Modena, we met up in Munich and went to the BMW Museum.
    I'm currently in Austria, about to drive to Prague.
    It was good to meet you all, I hope to see you all at the ring again some time, and if any of you are ever heading to New Zealand then let me know so I can show you around :)

5. TobyM3

TobyM3 Member

one more pic from Can, from his first NS trip...

[​IMG]

6. rattusm3

rattusm3 New Member

I have to agree that the weekend was probably the worst I have seen regarding crashes and down time at the ring, I think this was my 5th visit.
    Every time i decided to get the car and have a lap, by the time I got to the Roundabout from the outside carpark the ring was closed again.
    In the end we started playing the (how long till it closes again) game when it opened and panic ensued as everybody rushed to the barriers (Bikes and Cars together)
    We ended up doing a bit of sight seeing etc and waited to the evening before doing a few laps, things seem to have improved then.
    Managed most laps Monday, Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning (before the heavens opened). We did not really meet anybody we knew at the ring apart from the ubiquitous Uwe who was very busy giving passenger laps.

Would strongly think about doing the week days and maybe track days and give the weekends a miss as I can only see it getting worse?

Most of us came back on Tuesday, Myself and Keith stayed until Thursday evening, sort of made a week of it as Germany is a very nice place and did a bit of tourism.

Kevin
    with ... Roy, Keith, Mark ... and joined by ... Kim, Chris and Tony (on there first trip)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  7. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

+1

Yeap, I'm still in one piece. I just got back yesterday.. We head up to Stuttgart and then Munich before we went Milan and then to Venice before returning home.

It was an incredible experience for me. Well worth the trip and all the effort. It was a great pleasure meet you all.
    I must thank John especially for his generous effort to fix my ridiculous pipe in that hot weather with patience.. Thanks again.
    I must also thank Karl for all the trouble he went through to get me a new hose all the way from his home.. It was priceles..
    Hope to turn this into annual habit !!

Once again, thanks everyone...
    Thanks for the great picture and wonderful passenger laps in your sick M3 !!

Here is another pic by me from PK

[​IMG]

8. YAN-3

YAN-3 Member

cam your alive... whats the story on the door handle. you never finished, i wanna hear your end, and after doing some reading you were dead on about the dogleg and why its the way it is.

9. John

[​IMG]

are we just a weee bit wide coming into Adenauer Forst? :))) A.F. is the first corner 4 out of 5 will remember, because its usually the first "a-ha" moment.

It took me about 9 years to make the mistake at A.F., I finally straightlined that corner. I was glad I was in an E36 at the time, those are some pretty high curbs to hit and then go airborne. The crowd loves this corner. (mental note: any place there is a crowd, is where you dont want to do anything stupid)

on sunday there was an E39 M5 that must have gotten it really wrong, he got stuffed up inside the armco on the right side. The whole car sat there on top of the armco. I had not seen that before.

John

10. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

Well you are right John !

The reason is that was my last lap of the weekend so I took Ray with me to just have fun and a little bit of show off to hide our newbie look :D Obviously it worked cuz I don't have any other pics from that corner except on that last lap ...

11. John

yeah, they only shoot the pics where they think a crash is imminent :))) (ok, its not quite that bad).

you have a pretty nice car, the best color an m3 can have, and those are the nicest and lightest forged BBS 17" street rims available.

John <--- red m3 owner with same BBS wheels :)

12. wolfman

wolfman Member

I also really like the BBS wheels :) .
    And youre cars really look alike, at first I thought it was you John, but normaly I would hear your unmistakable sound yours makes form 23 corners away :) .

First picture is John, seccond is Clubber, they really do look alike in speed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both pictures where shot at Brunchen.
    I couldn't make the walk up to AF with my cain, but both places are always nice for some "action" shots.

Karim

13. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

Thanks for the compliments John ! Coming from you, that means a lot !
    Hopefully next year I will have more experience to tidy up my lines :D

Incredible Picture Karim ! Any other pics of my car ? Would really appretiate it !
    BTW, could anyone direct me to any websites that would have ring photos of my car from that weekend ?

14. TR-Spider

TR-Spider Member Forum Supporter

15. TobyM3

TobyM3 Member

16. KR-M3

KR-M3 Member

Hi Can,

here you have a list with many ring-photografs.
    You must try the links, I don't know if they are all working.
    An other posibility is to look in a german forum called
    www(dot)touristenfahrer(dot)de
    Most of the photografs are writing there if they have been
    at the ring and made photos.
    Of course most of the links are in german so you have to try.

01. www.nordschleifenfotos.de
    02. www.ringfotograf.de
    03. www.motofoto.tv
    04. www.nurburgring.be
    05. www.frozenspeed.com
    06. www.fix-focus.de
    07. www.racepixel.de
    08. www.ringbild.de.vu
    09. www.ring-action.de
    10. www.RacePicture.de
    11. www.ringpics.net
    12. www.sportfotoart.de
    13. www.wheelshots.de
    14. www.ringknipser.com
    15. www.speedmotopics.de
    16. www.cartuning.lu
    17. www.best-of-booorn.de
    18. www.racing-society.de.vu
    19. ringbunny.fotopic.net
    20. www.fotograff.de
    21. www.nordschleifen-fotos.de.vu
    22. www.speed-foto.de
    23. www.ring-images.com
    24. www.northloop.co.uk
    25. www.mw-sportfoto.de
    26. www.Nordschleifenfan.de
    27. www.getri.de
    28. www.hil-speed.de
    29. www.torsten2see.de
    30. http://members.lycos.nl/nobody97826/...fen_tabel.html (Linksammlung)
    31. www.pictures-nordschleife.de
    32. www.motorrad-am-ring.de
    33. www.cköhne.de
    34. www.moto-pics.de
    35. www.dirty-imaging.de
    36. www.high-speed-corner.de
    37. d-m-motorsport.de
    38. www.nordschleifenkumpel.de
    39. www.boelsphotography.be
    40. www.SBfotos.de.vu

cheers
    Karl

17. 89pgy

89pgy Member

thanks Karl some good links there

18. wolfman

wolfman Member

Sure I do ;)

PM me youre e-mail adress and I will mail them to you.

regards Karim