Another one from Portugal

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by pmartins, Dec 22, 2007.

1. pmartins

pmartins Member

Hi all,

I have been lurking on this great forum for while now and would like to introduce my self.

My Name is Pedro, I live in Portugal and I'm the second owner of late 1987 M3 200PS that has been sitting for a couple of years. The Previous owner did spice it a bit with a Hartge 240PS kit (some bits like the exhaust are missing).

It's going under a refresh that is taking TOO long to finish it (can't wait start driving it).

A Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.

Cheers,

Pedro

2. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Welcome Pedro! It was nice to meet you at Estoril. Now please show these folks some pics of your car.

3. pmartins

pmartins Member

Thanks Kiko. It was very nice of you inviting us to the PasionPorche's boxes at Estoril. We did enjoy that afternoon very much, specially the ride on the the Caterham and of course it was also a pleasure meeting you.

I will post some photos of the car during the week.

Cheers

Pedro

4. pmartins

pmartins Member

A couple of photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pedro
    [​IMG]

5. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Great! Knowing you I'm sure you'll be dumping the black hellas, white blinkers and stuff sooner rather than later!

I'm also waiting for her to be ready to check the Hartge extra power.

6. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hello Pedro and welcome. A merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too :)
    Nice car you have there, I like the headlights. What are your futures palns for the car ?

Thomas

7. Sheila

Sheila New Member

Hello Pedro,

A spanish M3s owner her. Maybe this year we can meet (spanish and portuguese people) in Braga...¿do you and Kiko think that we can hire some day the circuit? maybe sharing it with Pasion Porsche boys!!! MMM and me can organize the spanish side!!!
    Nice beast.

8. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Hi Sheila:

I've tried to organize a track day with Fran Staedler but it didn't go through. Booking the track costs 290€ for the WHOLE day and usually there are no more than 3 cars at the same time.
    I'm organizing a trip with John (and others), if we set a date I'll get back to you and I'm sure you, Artil, MMM wil join us.

9. Artik

Artik Member

Will be great Kiko ;)

10. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

Hello Francisco,

Sounds really enticing even at that price level because it will not be crowded ... Let us know the dates to plan ahead as a few of us are in the process of rebuilding engines.

It would be great to meet everyone and enjoy some tracktime in Braga. We could probably have at least 6-7 ////Ms including EVOII, Sport EVO, cabrio & of course the CF + Alpha N modified E30 M3s.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  11. pmartins

pmartins Member

Thanks for the comments

I'm planning to bring it close to factory stock look, so you are right about that, so the plan is:
    - Dump the black hellas, eye lashes, black grill, mobile antenna (the one on the rear window), washer head lights system, fog lights (replace by air ducts). Not sure about the white blinkers will have to see how it looks.
    - Replace the 17'' wheels by 16''x8'' E38 wheels.
    - Replace the sound system with a factory one and dumping the cd box and amp.
    - Replace the current m-tech 1 steering wheel with a leather m-tech 2.
    - Repair a patch of rust on the rear boot, where the factory jack is kept.
    - Replace all rubber suspension bushes with powerflex ones except the rear subframe ones (keep it stock), plus treehouse eyeball arm control arm bushing.
    - E46 convertible rear shock mount plus z3 upper plates.
    - Stock front strut mounts with Uwe's camber plate. (if still available).
    - Replace the current springs (Hartge kit H26 sport suspension) with H&R OE sport spring. The current set-up is to low for my taste.
    - 25mm brake master cylinder plus fully rebuilt brakes
    - M Coupe diff cover. Currently looking for a 3.46 diff.
    - Front and rear sway bar reinforcement plates.
    - Replace the exhaust system, at least the middle section. Don't know with what but will have to have a centre box.
    - Flush all fluids and replace all rubber hoses on the engine.

Here's a picture of the work in progress. I'm hoping to finish her until the beginning of this summer, but if progress aren't satisfactory until the end of February I may need a plan B.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to meet some of you and see some those M3s in action.

12. paddym3

paddym3 Member

sweet car nice to see it benn done up again. are you selling the smoked hellas? i would like to buy them if you are? is the e46 top mount a good upgread?