Another Kiwi M3

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by PhilWalterNZ, May 14, 2010.

1. PBC M3

PBC M3 Member Forum Supporter

Thomas

I guess he means torch as in ......

[​IMG]:):):)

2. PhilWalterNZ

PhilWalterNZ Member

Haha....yes a flashlight, not a flaming torch :p:p;)

So I have spent the last little while restoring some BBS RS's on a tight budget. I wanted a bit of understated dish, but also wanted the car to remain looking as OEM as possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a tiny bit of rubbing on the front calipers - I think on the anti rattle clips, which I understand I can safely grind the edge off slightly to fix the problem.

Can someone confirm these are indeed the anti-rattle clips before I get stuck into them. Thanks !

[​IMG]

3. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Yes, thats the anti-rattle clip

4. PhilWalterNZ

PhilWalterNZ Member

5. OLLIE_NZ

OLLIE_NZ Member

^
    What's different Phil?

6. PhilWalterNZ

PhilWalterNZ Member

Nothing...I just enjoy photographing it. Might as well share the love :) :)

How are you mate ?

7. groselha

groselha Member

Congratulations for your car Phil.

Keep posting photos, as i love your car!

8. Alex Elliot

Alex Elliot New Member

Phil,
    Youir car seems to have a lot of Schnitzer bits on it. Just possible it has a Schnitzer 2;5 litre engine, as the crank they used did still have a nut, not a bolt. You could check the stroke through a plug hole. alex

9. PhilWalterNZ

PhilWalterNZ Member

Bit of an update......

Been a few small projects finished off in the last few months. The 3 piece staggerd Schnitzers I bought earlier in the year I fully restored and are now on the car. Toyo T1R - 245/35/17 rear and 215/40/17 front which is the original OEM sizing used for these back in the day. The handling of the car has been transformed with the Schnitzers, so much more lively and much better turn in....an amazing difference.

Got the bumper stripped, sanded back and repainted as it had some stone pitting and let the rest of the car down. Also replaced the sunroof panel as there were some tiny rust bubbles coming through on the original. All the paint work was done by Bays Car Painters in Browns Bay, Auckland whom I can't speak of highly enough. High quality work, and well priced.

The headlights were also a bit pitted so I replaced these also - was a painfull job, all the plastic fastners were so old and fragile I had to be super carefull not to break them when taking apart the headlight units. Also replaced the front M3 badge, front trim, restored the headlight trim rings etc etc.

All ready for summer hopefully !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]