2009 Cadillac CTS-V beats the BMW M3 and M5 around Nurburgring

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by conrod, May 25, 2008.

1. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/05/13/2009-cadillac-cts-v-beats-the-bmw-m3-and-m5-around-nurburgring/

Quite a bold claim for the new Caddy! The spec is quite impressive, and an American car that goes around corners- no way!!!
    The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the "Ring Car" does look somewhat LOWER than the press pics, and it has a CAGE fitted, and lord knows what else has been done to it!................... Pretty cool car nonetheless, but I reckon they may have cheated a bit there!.....

2. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

not disimilar to the new GTR then.... running on cut slicks!

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

They should take a stock M5 and a stock Caddy and have a go around the ring with two equal drivers. I can tell you which car my bet is on ;)

Thomas

4. Dave 215DMX

it's all marketing hype these days. Ref: the GTR time if you look at the video they start and stop the clock at 2 different point of the track !

Also they did a 'flying start' I believe people such as Sport Auto always do a full lap from a standing start.

this Caddy thing is just more marketing hype to get some inches in the motoring press.

5. Dave 215DMX