WTB- Holinger 6 spd gearbox extension.

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by conrod, Dec 27, 2006.

1. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

Does anybody have, or know where I can buy one of the extensions used on the Gp.A Holinger H6S gearboxes? It is the aluminium casting I am after, about 150mm long, and fits between the gearbox and bellhousing on the Group A box. I have contacted Holinger, but they have told me this part was a BMW MS part.I cannot find this part in the parts catalogue that I have, it shows the gearbox with a short input shaft- so even a part number would be helpful, and I will see if it is still available through MS.
    cheers Conrad ;smilie[78]

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Ill look. Ive seen it before.
    John

3. conrod

Thanks John, I was hoping you might read this thread!
    If I can get this extension, I will get the longer input shaft, and rear casing from Holinger (with the gearstick coming out of it) as mine is currently a remote shifter. The extension will put this gearlever in the right place, and I can then fit the correct MS gearbox mount that I have sitting in my spares. This will entail raising the trans tunnel in the area around the gearlever, which will then put the propshaft at the correct angle,and will get rid of the nasty gear linkage currently fitted.

4. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hey Conrad.......no go over here ? Tried down South ?

5. conrod

Yep, tried our friend down south. He doesn't have the extension, only the drawing of it, so I guess if I really wanted I could have it CNCed out of a solid lump, it would be bloody expensive to buy a block of Ali that big though, not to mention machining costs!.........

6. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hmmm....I'd be somewhat surprised if that contact, given the race fraternity internationally, wasn't able to come up with a solution ;)

7. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Active Member Forum Supporter

Hi,

Conrod- Just a shoot in the dark, but try Moseley in the UK, reason being he
    has the 2.0 BTCC Harvey Car with 6 speed Hollinger Box, they also have quite a large
    spares package for the car, as well as numerous other spares.

Regards,

The Gorilla.

8. conrod

Thanks Danny, I hadn't thought of them, I have just sent them an email asking for one, along with the rest of my wishlist!

9. John

is it this piece 170 mm width? 21 11 2 224 306

check you PM, I sent a pm last week.

John

10. The Animal

The Animal Member

You might also want to try Muzzi they might no where to get hold of one and maybe The lot who built your engine Randlinger im sure KK http://www.kk-automobile.de/index.html will no of where to get hold of one as well.

11. conrod

Thanks John, that is excellent,170mm sounds about right, I will see if BMW MS still has in stock. I didn't see that PM! Will get back to you shortly with an answer.

12. conrod

Thanks Animal, I will get in touch with these guys too. I really appreciate the response from all of you to this thread, what a helpful and knowledgable bunch of guys we have here! :D

13. John

KK is also a good place to ask, no comment on the other
    suggestion :) (after the motto: if you cant say something nice,
    dont say it and Im not the only one who feels that way)

John

14. John

If you send me your drawing or a pic I can confirm it for you.
    It is a bit pricey. I didnt write how much it would cost so
    nobody got a heart attack :)

There also may be an alternative if you want me to ask a friend
    who also runs a hollinger, I think he may have made his own.

John

15. conrod

Just got a price back, 1400 Euros for this piece,(two in stock) and that was a "friendly" price from my BMW man- OUCH! I will wait to hear back from Holinger before deciding whether to go this route, or just make a nice remote shifter.

16. adwo

adwo Member

Do you mean Randlinger/Quintec?

Regards,

Adwo