Wanted 2 x standard exhaust valves

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by DawieM3, Oct 12, 2007.

1. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Hi guys,

As per title. Wanting to rebuild the head I lost last November, and need two straight exhaust valves, ( T-T11214/1), if anybody has any going free to a good home. Willing to pay postage. I can swop with standard inlets if anybody needs any.

Many thanks,

Regards,

Dave

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

I have a set of brand new exhaust valves. I will only sell the set of 8 valves.
    PM your offer if interested.

PS: i also have some used ones with low mileage (<5000 miles) laying around, i can give details when i get back.
    I also have some sodium filled DTM exhaust valves and 38.5 mm DTM inlet valves.

John

3. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Hello John,

Thanks for the reply, I will pass on the new ones thanks, but am intrestred in the others, if they are the same PN as orginally posted.

My inlets are 38.5mm have the following part number on the top, not sure if they are MS though.

Can anybody share some light on the following inlet valve 38.5mm PN# TRWT11490 as I also need two of these.

any help appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

4. M3 Adjuster

M3 Adjuster Member

PM sent... I believe I have four.

i also have 6 Sport evo exhaust valves

5. John

i believe I have a full set of standard used exhaust valves 32 mm.
    they only ran about 5000 km. if interested Ill go look for them.

cant help you with M5 valves, Id recommend not to run those. I know a lot
    of people want to try those since Gustave put them up on his site, but a lot of people
    dont read his article carefully enough. remember he stated that he never actually tested
    them. For our application, Id stay away from those valves.

John

6. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Hi John,

Have you any 38.5mm sport evo valves lying around as i`m trying to match the TRWT 11490 number on the top of my valves in my damaged head. I`m not sure if they are standard sport evo valves or a special application valve.

Regards,

Dave

7. John

I dont have a sport evo intake valve. I do have a M5 valve laying around, do you want me to check the TRW number on it for you?

BTW, on the new 32 mm exhaust valves, is 300 euro a fair price for a full
    set? Ill have to look what they cost in the ETK, but I believe the new price
    is over 500 euro.

John

8. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Hello John,

I have the TRWT number for the M5 valves is 11491. I`m hoping the sport evo ones are 11490. Ive sourced new exhaust valves, so am just trying to match the inlets, but thankyou for your offer.

Regards,

Dave

9. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

would you mind telling us why you think these are no good to use ?? , is it because of the 6 mm stem ?
    Arjan

10. John

Its because of the way the valve stem runs flat into the valve head. Necked down BMW MS valves went thru the same evolution, they were first not reinforced around the valve head, later evolutions were reinforced. On a race engine using aggressive camshafts, Id not use these valves when there are better valves available because one day the valve head may break off and we know what damage that will cause. Its a question of longevity. If you replace your valves at certain intervals then you may also forego that headache.

That doesnt mean you will have a problem, but if you have a race engine and you are racing it around race tracks, then longevity is something to lend more weight.

John

11. arjanvanessen

arjanvanessen Member

oke , thanks for the answer
    Arjan