Trip / Ferry Crossing 31st August to the Ring

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by UweM3, Jul 26, 2007.

1. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

@ all going that weekend

have you booked you ferry yet? Fancy a little convoy? :D

2. 89pgy

89pgy Member

Uwe i will be booking up later this week, going on the 10/11/12 august as well as 31/1/2/3 staying with the axe murders on the camp site.

3. texas2201

texas2201 Member

Uwe I am leaving the car over there on the 9th August and flying out from Stanstead to Frankfurt on the 31st August - arriving at Frankfurt at 230pm

If you were in the area at that time you could give me a lift to Nurburg to pick up the car :)

Martin

4. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I guess you mean Frankfurt Hahn. That's about 1+ hour one way.

To be honest, after 5-6 hours driving in a caged, stripped, low geared M3 I am not keen to drive another 2 hours. Hope you understand.

5. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Uwe,

have not booked ferry as yet, what times and sailings are looking at, or will it be the Chunnel, I, take it you have the car back then ?

Anybody else looking for a convoy.

Regards,

Dave

6. I'd love to do the convoy thing, but you E30 M3 boys with your short diffs can't cruise in air conditioned comfort at 130mph, unlike some ..... :49::D More seriously, it looks like I have to work on the Friday so will have to make an V early Saturday dash to the 'Ring.So I'll see you on-track, where no doubt you'll kick my arse in your short of diff, lightweight, handling machines :37:

7. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

I plan to have the 6 speed DTM gearbox in by then, just to add to the
    short diff :) see you guys then!

John

8. texas2201

texas2201 Member

Uwe dont you have any sympathy for a fellow M3 owner 2+hours is nothing to help out a fellow human being.......................................

Nah I understand I was only joking :)

See you there

Martin

9. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

Brian I hope you ain't doing 130 through Belgium we won't see you for 5 years...

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

I'm definitely up for a convoy. I'd like to catch a ferry on the 31st somewhere around 0800 - 1000 and stay until Tuesday the 4th coming back on the 1800 - 1900 ferry, or thereabouts.

Jake

11. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Well, I will look around the same time as Jake going out but will return on the Monday afternoon / evening.

Any particular sailings in mind?

Regards,

Dave

12. kevin

kevin Member

Looks like you guys crossing on Friday morning will catch me around Brussels as I gently cruise across Belgium in airconditioned comfort. I'm on the 5:30 P&O crossing. My speed will be significantly less than 130mph due to the M3 on the trailer.

13. Mark L

Mark L New Member

What time are you travelling Uwe? Me, Roy, Richard, possibly Keith (with or without car!) and poss another passenger are booked on the Chunnel at 5.50 am Friday 31st. We have booked the weekend at the guest house we stayed at last time in Herresbach. If the timings right, I'm sure we will be up for a convoy. Makes the journey far more interesting!

Kevin, are you able to add us to the booking for the Pistonklausse for either night please? Or could you post or PM me the e-mail address? If there is no space we will drop in for a beer or three with you all at least! Be good to catch up with everyone!

14. kevin

kevin Member

Mark, I had already increased the bookings at the PK so there is space available for you all.

15. Anyone booking anything yet ? I'm going on the Friday now,back on Monday.

16. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Brian,

Not yet, waiting for Uwe and Jake, so we can all be on the same sailings.

Regards,

Dave

17. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Jake, Dawie and myself have booked norfolkline leaving 31st August 8.00am
    Dawie and me are coming back Monday 3rd September 18.01pm, Jake will come back Tuesday

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

So-ted! :D My computer locked up while making reservations last night so the rest of the night was spent trying to figure out what happened. I called Norfolkline this morning though and apparently my reservations went through.

Jake

P.S. I'm coming back on the 1800 ferry on Tuesday. Anybody else coming back on Tuesday?

19. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

The Bitch is back up and running again since November.

Passed her MOT today, so some minor adjustments to the mapping and she will be back stronger than before.

It will be intrestering to see the difference between the two heads, I have a flat spot at part throttle @2500-3000rpm, where AFR runs lean, so should play around and sort it tomorrow.

Can`t wait for Brands next week as I need to do a bit of unlapping from when I was last out there with the Alpina.

Regards,

Dave