Porsche 918 6.57 min Nordschleife Record Onboard Mark Lieb

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by autohabit, Sep 10, 2013.

1. autohabit

autohabit Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

2. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

Wow, what a car! Looks like full automatic control of the gearbox from that clip, I could not see any paddles or movement from the driver to shift gears?

If that is the future of hybrid cars, then bring it on!

Conrad

3. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Awesome car. 616 hp (or 887 hp with the addition of the electric motors).

For comparison, Hans Stueck did ~6.55 with the E46 GTR race car with 480-500 hp, on slicks.

John

4. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

Awesome car ... I like it more than the LaFerrari and McLaren P1 ... Still who will buy all of these 1€ Million cars?

5. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Advertised in the US at 850K dollars I can see some reverse importation happening in future.

6. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

to me it also sounds like there is a lot of traction control going on. Driver over powers often and the system regulates. Also on the bumps you hear it, each time there is brief traction loss and reduction in engine power. In kesselchen he lifts in numerous places, I wonder if with more laps he would be able to keep it flat or if that is all there is with those tires. Would have been nice to see the speeds. Looked like well over 260 kmh there.

John

7. autohabit

autohabit Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

Interior shot

[​IMG]

8. mdrüü

mdrüü Member Forum Supporter

Me thinks these tyres are gone after Brünnchen. before PG1 it hits the curb, and in Galgenkopf it drifts :cool:
    given the weight of this apparatus, it is unbelievable fast.
    Its hard to see that the engine stops imediately after the car stands still. Nice heat accumulation around the engines

Daniel