Nuerburgring 27-30 July

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by John, Jul 26, 2007.

1. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

I will be at the Ring during this time. If anyone else is going perhaps we
    meet up there. Ill be back on Wednesday.

John

2. autohabit

autohabit Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

John, I was there but never got chance to catch up with you, the wet Sunday was a bit dissapointing but I had a pretty good time, I think I managed to slow you up on at least one of your laps, I was struggling a little with my comedy Pirellis.

Here are a few photos.

I met with my friend Peter at the guesthouse, who took his Cecotto M3, we only live a few miles apart but Peter had taken the Calais route where I had gone for the Hull-Rotterdam ferry. Peter is on this forum but can't remeber his forum name.

[​IMG]

Friday evening and the track was opening for just a couple of hours, I spotted this example of East German engineering on the car park.

[​IMG]

I later replaced it with my example of West German engineering

[​IMG]

The usual mad rush as the track opens, you could be forgiven for thinking we weren't actually in Germany, nothing but British number plates in sight!

[​IMG]

Your car was looking good John.

[​IMG]

Some other nice M3's out there also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My girlfriend's 15 year old son was with us on his first Ring trip which he was loving, we took him to the new circuit on Saturday for the Recaro Days event, this was a modified show which featured a drifting competition.

All sorts of stuff there, from the tastefully modified...

[​IMG]

...to the not so tastefully modified - No, this car hasn't been in an accident :)

[​IMG]

Drifting competition.

[​IMG]

Darkness fell and we were able to revisit the 'Recaro Days' night show. This 1983 Dakar winning Merecedes G Wagen was on display, seemed slightly out of place but I enjoyed seeing it.

[​IMG]

Time for the luvverly ladies, as Kurt was with us I had the devil's own job of looking after him, wherever he went I had to follow - Honest :) This is the only photo I have which is suitable for this forum! It was turning out to be quite an alternative Ring trip, who says evenings can only be spent in the Pistenklause talking about cars.

[​IMG]

A wet Sunday meant a trip to the museum, Kurt checked out the PlayStation simulator, I think we have a future Ring visitor on our hands.

[​IMG]

Some were out on track enjoying themselves.

[​IMG]

Alan