Noise Testing

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by marco, Apr 26, 2007.

1. marco

marco Member

My M3 has a large carbon fibre airbox and a Milltek exhaust.

Sure the exhaust is quite quiet, but a bitconcerned about induction noise at
    at some circuits like Donnington and Goodwood where, as well as static noise testing, they have sensors around the circuit.

Anyone with a similar spec been to the above circuits and did you have any hassles with induction noise, as don't fancy paying for a track day to be chucked off.

2. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Marco,

If you are running a CF airbox you can forget Goodwood. I have the t -shirt to prove this even on a noisy day of 105db. The council are so strict down there that even if you are close to the limit, they will pull you off the circuit.

Donnington on the other hand are a lot more sympathetic in this regard with only a drive by of 98db, and if you are close to this will work with you to bring your car into acceptable limits.

I have on two occations placed cardboard over the Cf airbox, sort of boxed it in, and this has reduced the induction noise significantly. Its on the cold side of the engine so don`t have to worry about fire etc.

As with all modifications, there is a down side somewhere.

Regards & Good luck,

Dave