Meet up & Rolling Road Day

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by marco, Jun 22, 2007.

1. marco

marco Member

Hi Gents,

Trying to organise a late year rolling road get together!

Paul (ShepsEvoM3) has kindly offered his services to do power runs on his state of the art Rolling Road.

The dated suggested is Saturday 6th October (plenty of time to rearrange anything!!)

Cost is £40 for 2 runs, detailed below.

He will however do 2 power runs on each car back to back (car only on dyno once). We will be measuring BHP at the wheels and flywheel and also torque at the flywheel. This will give both power runs overlaid ontop of eachother on one graph, but with reports for both runs showing the dyno room conditions and results of each run at the top of the graph, you can see Darrens on my 'engine mapped posting). If AFR's, etc is measured too, there is a separate report besides the power graph which has AFR, etc readings taken at 500RPM increments and a graph version of those readings (but much higher resolution) which can be compared against separate power and torque curve graphs. Because of the extra information gained and labour to fit the AFR metre, etc, £5 per extra measurement

In order for the day to proceed, 10 cars minimum needed.

Be nice to compare power/torque curves for all the differently modded cars on this (or any other) forum.

Any car welcome, but obviously a good gathering of S14's is the aim.

Due to poor attendance/cancellations in the past for these type of events, payment is required up front, so if there is sufficient interest, cheques should be sent to Paul (co name and address will be advised).

Come on, will be a fun day and the arguments over the power the cars made will keep the forum going whilst the cars are tucked away fro the winter!!

Nick (TBMW) maybe you would like to bring EWOK and cover the event for furture use in the mag along with a little article on Paul' facilities???

2. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I am on hols for that weekend

3. marco

marco Member

Uwe,

Not set in stone yet, can make it the 13th or 27th (20th is the Mrs birthday, so would be killed especially after cost of engine rebuild etc!!)

Let me know if that helps and if so, we will set a firm date.

Cheers

4. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

let's wait what others have to say. 13th would suit me.:165:

5. marco

marco Member

OK, see you at Brands on Tuesday

6. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Hi everyone, when Marco pm'd me about holding a dyno day, I suggested that we would need atleast 10 people attending for us to be able to charge £40 inc vat. I don't necessarily need money up front, but as I would not book any dyno work in for the arranged day, I only ask people to be genuine and sure they will turn up on the day.

We also have a guy with a Grp A rally E30 M3 who may also attend the day. If I have my Sport Evo sorted by the day, I will run it too for good measure ;)

As Marco has pointed out, October is a while off yet, so plenty of notice is given for you guys to be able to comitt to the day pretty early.

7. I'm interested, and I'll bring along a camera for a possible feature.

8. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Thats great Nick, can print off 2 copies of everything if a feature is a sure thing.

9. I'll contact the editor to see if he's interested, but I can't really say whether it'll be a sure thing (at least for now anyway).

10. kevin

kevin Member

I would be up for this, would be interesting to see how the engine is performing now it has got a few more kms on it.

11. marco

marco Member

Excellent Kevin. Will try and get a few others at Brands.

12. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Marco, anymore news on this? I have some other clubs interested in dates for October, so I have penciled in the 13th for this day. If interested people could list thier names below to get the ball rolling....

13. kevin

kevin Member

13th works for me as I am trying to get back out to the ring the following weekend for the final blast of the year...

14. texas2201

texas2201 Member

happy to meet up on the 13th but dont think I will need the rolling road - hopefully Paul :) should have a readout prior to this

Kevin is it the next weekend you are going out 19 - 22nd Oct?

cheers

Martin

15. kevin

kevin Member

That's the rough plan at the moment, just need to see how a few things pan out. Will know for sure in late August.

16. marco

marco Member

Right lads, those up for a rolling road day at Paul's on the 13th Oct please post a reply so we get this thing organised, as less than 10 people and it won't be worthwhile.

So far it's probably Me, Uwe, Nick and Kevin.

17. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Ok, seems like there is not much interest, but if anyone still wants to turn upf or a run/play we are here. I had another club interested in the 13th, but they have booked another day now, so its still free.