Inlet valves - Help

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by DawieM3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Can anybody share some light on the following S14 inlet valve 38.5mm PN# TRWT11490 as I need two of these so my large port head can be repaired, or I`m looking at having to get a complete new set. The part number is very similar to the 3.8L E34 M5 inlet whuch part number in TRWT11491.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

2. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Do you have the OE part number by chance ?

Thomas

3. adwo

adwo Member

Dave,

Did you measure them? If normal length: probably Evo 3, otherwise Motorsport valves..

Easier: do they have 3 grooves or 3 grooves and 1 top groove (Motorsport).

Regards,

Adwo

4. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Adwo,

They have 3 grooves. I think they are the same length. I only one I currently have has a S bend in it so no good to measure.

I will look into the Evo sport possibility.

Thomas,

I did have for the M5 valves but will need to look it up again. The valve lookes exactly the same as the M5 valves, except that it does not step down from a 7mm stem to 6mm opening onto the rear of the valve face.

I will post the E34 3.8L M5 valve PN later once I have looked it up.

Regards,

Dave

5. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Thomas,

M5 38.5mm Inlet valve BMW PN 11341315508 - number on valve TRWT 11491

M3 Evo 38.5mm Inlet valve BMW PN 11341315507.

Has anybody a sport Evo valve out of an engine that can confirm the TRWT number on the top of the valve. The top of the stem has 3 grooves for the retaining collet.
    If Adwo is right and it is an Evo 3 valve then it should be TRWT 11490. If not its back on the case again.

Regards,

Dave

6. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Dave, I checked with two of my whole sale places but the Euro part numbers don't come up. Sorry, I would check in Germany or the UK. Good luck.

Thomas

7. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Thanks Thomas.

Anybody have an Evo sport valve sitting on the shelf ? If you do please post the numbers on the top of the valve stem.

Many Thanks,

Dave

8. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Seems like all the 2.5l engines are running well at the moment.