How much are DTM tubular rear arms worth?

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by Demlotcrew, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Demlotcrew

Demlotcrew Well-Known Member Forum Supporter

Ive found some brand new Never used Bare arms but im not sure how much they are worth and weither its worth getting them?

Thanks

Andrew

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Which version? Send a picture if you have one.

John

3. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

copy copy copy.......

4. Demlotcrew

John do you have any pics? i didnt take any when i seen them but they are black with one rose join at the inner mounting point and the outer one looks like it should have a threaded bar with height adjust and a rose joint at the end.

How can i tell which it is?

Andrew

5. Demlotcrew

From the left Fith one down and on the right fourth one down.

They still have the BMW Motorsport stickers on them, i should have taken down the partnumbers, but the guy is a two min walk from my house!

i think he said they came from simtec ???

6. John

Well, if its just a 2 minute walk, maybe you can walk over there and shoot some pics?
    If he is selling and I like what I see Id buy them. If so, send me an email with the relevant info.

John

7. Demlotcrew

Ok ill get some pictures maybe tomorrow as its late to be knocking on his door right now.

What are the chances of finding something like this only a few min from my house.

Im getting a batch of cam sensors made up and ive paid this old designer/engineer to make some drawings so i can take them to be manufactured and hes friends with this guy who has the arms, they got talking and i happened to have called him while he was round at his, and he said M3, ive got some old racing arms from a M3 which are just gathering dust up stairs, and i went round to see them right away, i didnt want to make it look like im really eager to buy them so played it cool and went in my scruffs :)

8. John

Did any pictures / info ever materialize? If you have, send that to my email please.

John

9. Demlotcrew

Sorry John, ive not had a min.

Will have a look at them on Saturday.

Andrew

10. Demlotcrew

Some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andrew

11. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

So did you buy them Andrew ? If yes what are you going to use them on ?

Thomas

12. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

Simtek ran/engineered Johhny Cecottos Fina M3 in the 1992 DTM, and it was reputedly the quickest M3 around some of the tracks in that year, even managed to win a race against the much newer opposition. Those arms are late spec. similar to mine but they have the boss for the ABS sensor welded in, and no doubt leftover spares from that era. Grab them if you can, if you don't want them someone here will!

13. Demlotcrew

Yeah Thomas ive bought them, im going to use them on my wall in the Workshop as i think they look really cool :)

Conrod, they are soooo light! very nice constriction too, i think it would be a shame to miss out on them so ive bought them, maybe ill use them for something one day but they will take up a resting place on the wall for the time being :)

Andrew

14. empty

empty Member

Are you going to get drawings made up of these?

Mike

PS PM me if not

15. ///meric

///meric Member

Me and Andrew are talking about this very issue. If he send me the arms to copy i will make a solidworks drawing that i will gladly post on the web. I will also make a jig for them and i will probly have a couple sets of parts machined for these to cut costs

16. John

Actually, I dont think just anybody can make some drawings and copy these, it has to be done by someone who knows what they are doing and what happens when any deviations find their way into the copy. I would not trust in your local shop around the corner.

John

17. ///meric

///meric Member

I completly agree with you john which is why im not taking these to any old shop. My buddie brian who is a truely gifted engineer who build convayor systems for several big name food companys and is a gearhead. And i will be making the trailing arms with the help of my buddie jut that build NHRA promod and funny car's for the ground up.

18. empty

empty Member

Likewise, I have access to a Tier 1 OEM manufacturing facility, a very large CNC wheel/automotive parts manufacturing facility and a high-end, custom one-off fabricator. Building these with absolutely top notch craftsman is not the issue on my end...we could have them made with CroMoly, titanium, etc. whatever someone wanted.

Mike

19. The Animal

The Animal Member

What do they weigh? Then I can compare them to early ones see the difference. if you make them out of Chrome moly then they will be nice and light. Thing is I realized that most of the weight even with the early ones is the bearings and hub.