Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Kul, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Kul

Kul Member

Hi everyone,

The name is Kul, based in London/Leicester. A friend pointed out this site to me ( Kundiboy) I've had various BMW's in the past but this is my current toy.

1987 E30 M3 in Lachssilber

[​IMG]

Great site, looking forward to spending some time here :)

2. texas2201

texas2201 Member

Welcome Kul - looks good

Martin

3. bigbird76

bigbird76 Member Forum Supporter

Hi Kul and welcome

Leigh

1988 Evo II Macau Blue

4. Rob

Rob Member

WELCOME ! :)

5. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Welcome...... look very nice, more pictures required.

6. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi there and welcome, I like your color :)

Thomas

7. ronman

ronman Member

Kul:

Welcome to the gruppe. Are those 16 in wheels you're sporting?? Your car looks awesome!!

8. Kul

Kul Member

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind comments guys.

Had the car about 6 months now, I've noticed some of the guys on here also exist on my site too so they will no doubt have seen me about too, this is my old e36

[​IMG]

Spec:
    '92 325i
    Full M3 Bodykit
    M3 Alloys
    Full Alpina suspension ( bilstein dampers/eibach springs)
    Eibach Adjustable ARB kit
    Fully polybushed
    ACS stutbrace
    GruppeM induction filter
    Supersprint Exhaust with supersprint decat
    Custom Chip by emaps
    Clear light pack
    OE rear blind
    Light tint
    Angel eye kit
    6000K HID in lights + fogs
    Wilwood 4 pot calipers up front with 320mm rotors
    Braided brake/clutch hose(s)
    Zimmerman cross drilled rears with Pagid fast road pads
    Full black leather interior
    Rogue SSK
    Loads of ICE
    Rogue Rear top mounts

I sold this to a friend of mine to make way for the M, TBH I had outgrown it in many respects. I have had many e30's in the past I still have an e30 ( 325i) which I co-own with a friend from another forum. After going the the Nurburgring regularly for the last 3 years my direction changed somewhat, from weighing the car down with ICE, to track work.

Here is the other e30..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spec
    '90 325i
    Koni adjustable suspension
    Eibach pro adjustable anti roll bar kit
    Sparco strut brace
    Gruppe M induction filter
    Custom chip by emaps
    15" BBS cross spokes
    Wilwood 4 pot calipers up front with 280mm rotors
    OMP rear grooved/cross drilled rotors on the rear with pagid fast road pads
    Full alpina SS exhaust
    Braided brake/clutch hose(s)
    Powerflex polybushes
    Cobra bucket seats
    Raid gauges in the center vent
    6000K HID conversion ( Dark in Germany LOL)

@ Sporty1 - Ask and you shall receive ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^ Excuse the rubbish interior pics

So far with the help of some good friends like Kundiboy I've managed to change a few things on the car to get it into a half decent running order.

When I bought the car the central locking wasn't working, drivers side window had stopped working, had a big old M-tech I steering wheel and had Borbet 'A' alloys, whilst looked very nice, just wasn't for me. These were all quite simple to sort as it was just minor stuff like the motor that had packed up or a relay that was faulty. It came with the smoked lights, which again, wasn't for me. So we changed them for standard ones which ( for me) are much better. I also added a rear spoiler with Gurney flap.

The cam cover and airbox had peeled badly over the years, so I stripped it back and repainted them both. I managed to pick up some Magnacor leads for it too which are a worthwhile upgrade if anyone is thinking of doing it..

I took my Cobras over to the M3 too as the seats were badly cracked and there is only so much a scuffmaster kit can do. I've also added rear headrests and it has an OEM blind in the rear.

The chain tension was changed recently which quietened it down slightly, valve clearences are up next.
    The suspension is a bit tired now after covering 118K, so these are the planned upgrades...

Bilstein B6 Dampers - Already got
    Eibach Springs
    H & R Roll bar kit
    Fully powerflex polybushing - Already got
    Milltek exhaust - Already got
    Strut brace - Already got
    Grooved and cross drilled rotors all round with fast road pads - Already got
    Braided brake/clutch hose(s) - Already got
    Rogue Rear top mounts - Already got
    Rogue SSK
    New rad

Once that little lot has been purchased & done and I have done some track work in it, I plan to get it resprayed, it's had some paintwork in the past but I want the whole lot taken back and a fresh job done. Then I may move onto engine upgrades such as cams and airbox/mapping.

@ RevmasterT - Thank you, I like yours too :D

@ Ronman - They are indeed 16's. :) - Thank you, O/T - I was recently in the US ( Watchung NJ) not sure how far that is from you but it is a lovely place - also managed to get over there and see Ben & Mark at Rogue in Ho Ho Kus, very nice setup they have there too.

I think that about covers it... any comments/ suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again,

Kul

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  9. Kundiboy

Kundiboy Member

Hey welcome Kul.

The pics look great.

10. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Very nice car, my favorite behind henna.

11. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Very nice Kul.
    Only thing I will say is that those ballast for the HID's need to be moved, make the engine bay look untidy.

12. Kul

Kul Member

Yes but to where :confused: trouble is if you mount them behind the headlight units ( behind the black cover) they're still going to get some sort of spray on them ( had this before)

I would be interested to hear if anyone has mounted them in a another location?

Thanks

13. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

That's were mine are, as are others. I didn't think that water spray would cause a problem as the connectors are all fairly well sealed, I would not immerse a ballast in water but spray should be no problem IMO.

14. Kul

Kul Member

I'll look into it...thanks :)

15. Nice car Kul! If you look in TBMW, I did the 'how-to' feature which showed where to mount the ballasts behind the headlights for an almost factory fit.

Have had them on for a while now and been through some really torrential weather and no problems thus far!

16. Kul

Kul Member

Nick, thanks for the tip, I shall read up on it :)

Kul

17. Playo

Playo Member

Welcome Kul!

Nice to see you here ;)