Greetings & An Invitation From Mercedes

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by JeremyMB16V, Dec 21, 2008.

1. JeremyMB16V

JeremyMB16V New Member

Hi everyone, and Merry Xmas/Ramadan/Diwali/Chanukah

My name is Jeremy and am an owner of a 1988 Mercedes-Benz 2.5-16V Cosworth, and a member of the mercedes190.co.uk site.

Last summer a few of us from England joined our German friends at the 190 16V Club at Hockenheim for a day showing off our cars and in addition we managed to get 45 minutes track time.

In 2009, we are going to book the track for the entire day,with an open pit lane, and the German club are inviting the equivalent BMW , Audi and Opel Omega clubs.

A provisional date of the last week in July has been set.

What I would like to do is to organise the a group of all the english arms of the clubs to go too, and also take in the Nurburgring. (Tho' I cant imagine you would want to join us at the factory:48::))

Having done a few track-days myself, (I was at Snetterton recently when a Schnitzer 5 series sprayed me with engine innards), I know that there are many of you out there who are track lovers.

If you are interested,I will post some links to our site threads, and also some you tube stuff from last year.

Last summer there were about 175 190 16V's including about 30-40 Evo I's & II's, and a handfull of DTM's. Next time we are hoping for many more track-day/full race cars.And also as many DTM cars as possible, Original or rep.

What do you think?

Jeremy

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter