Easter 2008

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by texas2201, Dec 18, 2007.

1. TCB

TCB Member

996 GT3 RS :)

2. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

I doubt I will be there... in fact it might be a while before i see the 'pertness' of the Pistonklause for a while...

3. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

I know youre a "pistonhead" but the restaurant is called "PISTENklause" :) Ask Uwe what the word Piste means :)

(sorry but I couldnt resist)

John

4. John

Cool, we need to trade some laps then :)

John

5. kevin

kevin Member

Our room at the ZurBurg was booked in back in October and the ferry was booked last week. Out on the Thursday and back on the Friday. Trying Norfolkline this time.

Just need to get the new suspension fitted and setup. Oh and I also need to the replace the power steering hoses. I know I said I preferred the feel of no assistance but driving Dave's at Oulton Park in the wet made me realise that I wasn't getting much more feel so back to lighter steering for me.

6. jpboost

jpboost Member

I'd liek to go this easter, but there are a couple of issues that I need to resolve first.

One is that I already have some commitments for easter time,

secondly I may have sold my white m3 by then (and won't have anything suitable to take). Nothing concrete yet, but I need to sell it at some point soon to move my other projects on.

I'll keep an open mind on it, but if I go, then it'll be a last minute thing. (no change there then I suppose!).

7. m3_forever

m3_forever Member Forum Supporter

Guys which days will you be running at the ring ?

I might come over to see you ! And a few rides if possible !

Thanks.

8. John

thursday 20 march to tuesday 25 march

John

9. m3_forever

m3_forever Member Forum Supporter

well... you guys will be 5 days at the ring ? Wow...

will you be running on saturday and sunday ?

If yes i might come !

10. texas2201

texas2201 Member

I will be running all weekend - just come up and introduce yourself - reg number is MUI 2382 diamondschwartz - Martin - need to have a helmet for a pax lap - i have a spare if you dont have one

11. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I am not going to make it Easter.
    Have already booked for 27.06. - 30.06. (the unofficial S14 meeting)
    but plan to come on 10.05. - 13.05. as well.

12. bimmer

bimmer Member

I´ll fly to Frankfurt on the 19th and then take the train to Nuremberg to pick up
    the M3 from Tauber. Drive to the Ring on the 20th - staying at Ringhaus. Then hope for
    good 4 days 21st to 24th at the Ring - both driving and spectating. Flying back
    to Iceland on the 25th.

Cant wait :)

13. hardtailer

hardtailer Member

Looks I will be going as well. Dont know yet which car is ready to take though, but it will have an S14 in it!

Anyone staying at Pension Schmidt's?
    Uwe, I'm planning to be at the Ring that weekend in May too so I could take over the wheels from you then?

14. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

yep, no problem!

15. hardtailer

hardtailer Member

booked a room for easter, see you all there.

16. John

hey Uwe, the "official s14 meetings" are dead. nobody organized anthing anymore.
    now there is only the "e30" meeting at the ring.

as far as "unofficial s14 meeting" go, those have always existed. they happen every year several times :)

John

17. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

Hi guys,
    Won`t make easter this year a the car is still broken, although I have replaced the gearbox already. I have the whole rear suspension out with the fuel tank following it. Should have it back togather over the easter weekend, and can hopefully give it a shake down on some back roads.

Hope you lads all enjoy yourselves and have a safe trip.

regards,

Dave

18. texas2201

texas2201 Member

Sorry you cannot make it Dave - Kevin has had to bow out as well - Uwe has decided not to go as well - shame - we will all need to try and co-ordinate a trip for later in the year

Martin

19. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

10. - 13th May!

20. John

you are all a bunch of pussies!

Ill be there like every year... :)

John (--> praying for NO snow! otherwise you guys get the last laugh)