Dyno Day / Action Day Castle Combe

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by ShepsEvo3, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Hello all,

I have decided to run another dyno day during Saturday 09th June. We have a few interesting things turning up on the day, but its not exclusively BMW. Kick off time is 9am.

I am situated on the B4039 outside Castle Combe race circuit, postal code SN14 7HB.

It's going to be a first come first served, price will be £40 inc VAT. This will include 2 back to back runs measuring Power at the wheels and flywheel, torque at the flywheel and AFR's. If further measurements are required then there will be another £5 per channel charge to cover labour time hooking these up, etc. Available extra measurements are just injector duty cycle and Vac/Boost pressure at the moment-still waiting thermocouples :( Nevertheless, the information gained by this can be invaluable to people in the know! lol.

There are Burger, Doughnut and Ice cream vans attending the Action Day on the circuit as well as the usual beverage stands too. These can be accessed to the rear of our property.

As far as I am aware, there are places left for the Action day, but you'll have to call the race circuit to book, or maybe there will be slots left on the day??

I have started a list below, copy and paste with your name and vehicle make/model if you would like to attend.

Would be great to see more MPower cars here.

Moderators, if I am out of order here, please delete.

1. Playo BMW E30 M3 (E30Zone)
    2. Davenotouring Honda Civic Track car (E30 Zone)

2. marco

marco Member

Would have been fun, but engine is being mapped (alpha N) next Wednesday.....maybe next time!

3. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

can't make it. We are going to the Ring following Wednesday.

4. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Uwe, you are welcome at any time :)

5. texas2201

texas2201 Member

Paul you have PM on the BAvarian Board Martin

6. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Martin, bit off topic, but that inbox is full :( I gotta go throught the messages and delete, but if its about your car and fitting the cams, valve springs and re-map, I am trying to locate a tool to be able to replace the valve springs without taking the head off. If I can locate one to use, it will be much cheaper doing it that way than taking the head off.
    Unfortunately, the local dealers I have tried no longer have these tools.

7. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

You would still need to remove the cam box as that tool won't fit down through it.

I did buy a tool to do Martin's car. It will require some creativity to put to use though. Should be fine though.

I'd love to try and make it to a dyno day, but the 320is is down for repairs at the moment. :(

Jake

9. texas2201

texas2201 Member

OK Paul I will wait to hear from you

Jake - what is up with the 320is? :-(

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

Hi Martin,

I destroyed the rad fan last weekend. I'm also taking this opportunity to work a few other things which have been needing attention.

BTW, how did she run the rest of the way home? Did you get the battery sorted?

Take care,
    Jake

11. texas2201

texas2201 Member

Ran OK after that issue with the battery and has run fine since

new clutch fitted and roll cage going in

:) only 7 days to go...............:)

I see - hence the other posts looking for a new fan

cheers

Martin

12. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

13. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

that looks just the ticket !

14. texas2201

texas2201 Member

bit worrying that you have not done this S14 work before Paul :-O

15. Jake

Jake Active Member

That's the tool I bought to do Martin's car. It will not fully bolt up but you can get one bolt in on each side. Not sure if this will be enough. May need to modify the tool a little bit.

Jake

16. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

Don't worry, I've work on many much more complicated engines than an S14! ;)

I am still trying to get hold of the correct tool, or borrow one atleast....otherwise Martin, your head will have to come off :-O :)

17. texas2201

texas2201 Member

ouch dont want to loose my head then :)

Cheers Paul