Donington Trackday ?

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by TCB, Sep 5, 2007.

1. TCB

TCB Member

A few guys at the ring last weekend metioned there was a BMW E30 ?? day at Donny coming up soon ?

could someone poit me in the right direction to get booked on it please ? do I need to join the club or anything ?

Looking forward to meeting a few more of you and hopefully some of you from the ring again

TIA

2. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

3. TCB

TCB Member

That avatar better in here ??? ! :D ;)

Thanks for the link - will check work and hopefully get booked on

Who else is going from here ?

4. marco

marco Member

I'm going up to spectate (M3 sorned at the mo'), also Pier's from this forum is tracking his.

I will say hi when/if I see you up there.

5. texas2201

texas2201 Member

i'll be there Clive

Martin

hopefully with no gremlins :-(

6. TCB

TCB Member

great news - be sure to come and say hello - will be able to focus a bit more on the M3 with the GT3 boys out the way

will be the first chance to drive the M3 on proper tyres and push a bit harder than I dare to at the ring just yet

Looking forward to it :)

7. marco

marco Member

Just one thing, the M3 with a carbon airbox may be a bit loud (I think there may be a 98db limit).

It may just mean you have to let off at points where there are sound meters to drop the induction noise - check with the organisers what the noise limit is that day.

I think DawieM3 mentioned this in a post (even saying you may want to box the airbox in a bit).

Cheers,

8. TCB

TCB Member

Dam and blast ! I thought that the M3 would be no problem compared to the regular hassle of getting a GT3 past the noise police !

I think my car has a standard exhaust system but the induction is quite "rorty" :D

What's the best way to shut it up a bit ?

Silly really - I wonder where the noise meters get to every time a plane lands !

9. marco

marco Member

Actually, I may be causing you to worry unneccessarily, as I think they have DTM M3's lapping as well as other race cars which will be very loud if revved, but check just in case!!

10. 89pgy

89pgy Member

the sound trap is on the gantry on the pits straight /on pits side.So don't just floor it out of the chicane.
    or come along to brands Gp track day on 27th sept,book via easytrack

11. Grant W

Grant W Member

Anyone else going ??? ...

12. DawieM3

DawieM3 Member

TCB,

I have induction noise issues at Donny with my car, the solution is to place a cardboard cover around the airbox. All the time I`ve been their the marshalls have been more than helpfull to assist you, to get the car below the limit.

Using crdboard I dropped from 103db to 96db. it also helps if you are running a metal bonnet. Letting off for the gantry sound meter just spoile your lap, and they will get wise to it. Let them know you are concerned about the noise, and as said they will help you.

Goodluck,

regards,

Dave

13. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

Clive, i am still away on holiday but just a quick note my old car makes 88db at 4000rpm static so you should be ok ?
    regards
    Martin at sea.