BMW Car Mag trackday - 06/12/07

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by marco, Nov 1, 2007.

1. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

Boards.50powertech.co.com.theworld.uk
    we luv ya really, just want to keep you lot on your toes !

hopefully mine is off to ETA Monday/tuesday for Matt to wave his magic welder.

2. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I agree that there was a lot of traffic. But you can't avoid this on such a small track as Brands Indy and the wet weather doesn't help either.

As much as I like driving with the wet's, it's also a bit of a nuisance. drivers on "normal" tyres do of course not know your grip potential and do not think they need to move out of the way as they are driving on the limits of their tyres already. (is really frustrating because on wets you can almost nail it as hard as in the dry)

I'ven held up by a lot of powerful cars I could have easily outbraked or overtake them on the outside round bends because of the wets I was running but have refrained from doing so. Just the odd one or two who really didn't let me pass even I overlapped them twice!

But I know one thing for sure. There will be a few fast E36 M3's on track next year driven by ex 30 drivers which will for sure not hold anybody up on the straights (as most of the E36 M3 did the other day) because they will put the foot down in the bends as well. I guess I won't be able to stay anywhere near them and expect laptimes sub 55's.

You all know who I am talking about ;) (but if you guy's fancy a lap or two in an "old" car let me know and I hand the wheel over)

3. Jon90

Jon90 Member

Uwe,
    Do you mean you don`t run sub 55`s in the dry then? :49:

Jon

4. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

of course I do! Was looking forward to have somebody to play now. Started to get boring (.....damn can't find my nitrous bottle *panic*)